Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is An Sct The Same For Focus/mustang/f150?
Obviously the programming is different, but can I buy an SCT from say a 01 mustang and get it reprogrammed for my focus?

They look the same, i'm just not certain about the inner workings/connector configurations...
Guess I gotta answer my own questions. :blink:

The answer is yes they are the same.

i am pretty sure they work the same.. as long as the ECU is ODBII

but you'd need the database for your ECU code though which is the "program" for your car that includes all variables and values for our car and your ecu specificaly.. should just slide on the j3 port (i think thats what its called)
ZX3T gone..
I asked the same thing on the SCT website and I haven't gotten a response.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
So long as the SCT chip is programmed for your car, you should be fine.

But I have to ask, there was another post saying you were looking for a superchips chip, and that you found one. SCT and superchips are two entirely different companies... and I'm not sure how many people/shops work with superchips for the focus.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I got a superchips chip from a ford ranger, as far as I know steeda.ca should be able to reprogram it for my car...

As far as I could find out my Diablo would be programmed for a Ford Ranger, F-Series pickup, Mustang or anything else as BerinG said with an ODBII. So I only figured the superchip to be the same.

For some reason I thought SCT and superchips the same company due to steeda's website...
Quote:Steeda.ca has teamed up with SCT to offer custom computer chips.
<a href='http://www.steeda.ca/images/products/760_m.gif'>[Image: 760_m.gif]</a>
i am pretty sure its the same company.. but different divisions.. not the same people responsible.. maybe they just used superchips tech. for their chips..

might be wrong but thats what i always thought..
ZX3T gone..