Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would This Look Stupid?
ok, here goes.........

I've loved the EVO 3 kit ever since i first saw it and think i'm going to get it, BUT i also like the euro rear bumpers!

So would my car look stupid if i put EVO 3 front and sides with a euro rear? :unsure:

I'm having a hard time picturing it

Any thoughts?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I'm not sure how bad or good it would look but all I can say is the Japanese styling is extroardinary and "out there" while European styling is suttle and really nice. I think it would be like painting your car half black and half white. On some level you could say it went together but something about it just wouldn't work. That's my opinion!
Yes it would look stupid.

........but that is just my opinion. The Evo fogs lights are too big, round and goofy looking for a Focus. It just doesn't work visually as the Focus is so 'angular' or "new edge" to use Ford Speak.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Try and find some pictures man. I'm sure someone on this board with mad chopping skillz could do it for you, then you'd at least have an idea.

If not here you could try the FJ boards.
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
My main problem is I really hate the Evo 3 rear! it looks too big and bulky
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
photochop photochop photochop lol I'm curious to see this :P

Unfortunately, I have no software, nor do I have chop skillz :blink:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
2001 ZTS,Aug 11 2004, 01:05 PM Wrote:Yes it would look stupid.

........but that is just my opinion. The Evo fogs lights are too big, round and goofy looking for a Focus. It just doesn't work visually as the Focus is so 'angular' or "new edge" to use Ford Speak.
I agree.

I think the evo front end looks as pretty as a bag of smashed assholes.

I think a Kamanari front with euro rear might look sweet.

But that's just me.
yeah but doods, he loves the EVO kit... the question is will they work together at all. I think someone should really chop it for him ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
why dont u put an SVT rear with it? it will look aight!
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Aug 11 2004, 09:53 AM Wrote:why dont u put an SVT rear with it? it will look aight!
That would probably be my second choice, but i really like the tapered look of the euro.

I haven't found and aftermarket rear that i like at all, even the Cervini's looks like @$$.

I kinda like the Cervini's roof spoiler though, or the north viking evo 2 WRC replica spoiler better.

I'm kinda all over the map with what i like, alittle bit from this style a bit from that.

All i really want is for my car to look different without looking tacky!!

What i have in mind is........ evo3 front & sides, invader cf hood, euro rear (with maybe an apron on it), and an evo2 WRC replica spoiler. With my car being black i think it might all come together nicely! :unsure:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
It would look odd.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
For one thing, the Evo3 front hangs really low, so the rear will look funny if you dont get a lower skirt for the euro rear.

The styling is pretty much the extreme opposites for the front and rear then.. clean and smooth vs. loud and aggressive. I'm not a big fan of the Evo3 front on the focus anyway though, it doesnt flow with the lines of the car at all.
ANTHONYD,Aug 11 2004, 08:40 AM Wrote:I think a Kamanari front with euro rear might look sweet.
Man, I've been dreaming of that for years. Damned Kaminari kit is expensive tho
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
if you have to ask :rolleyes:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Raine,Aug 11 2004, 06:28 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 11 2004, 08:40 AM Wrote:I think a Kamanari front with euro rear might look sweet.
Man, I've been dreaming of that for years. Damned Kaminari kit is expensive tho
The kaminiari kit isn't that expensive, if you know where to shop that is.
Let me know if your really interested in it.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)