Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want A Header? Help!
Alrigth after helping Jarrod do his shorty header I really want one now. Only thign is I cant decide what I want.

I was thinking shorty header with ORP or just do the full race header with a resonator. Either route I go I will need the O2 cheater harness right? because im getting rid of the stock cat?

The main problem is brand. After hearing Papa's and P51's debate about some quality about some of these proucts Im feeling skeptical about what company I should be going to. Any help?
I got a ford racing header on my car, 60,000km's and nothing bad to say about it.
It was a crap load more shinney when I first opened the box than it is today tho....

The JBA shorty header now on my car has 20,000 miles on it and not a single complaint. It is going on the block "for sale" in the fall.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Jarrod put in a Headman header. Seems pretty good so far..
What about the Focus sport or focus central line?
Focussport makes the nicest long header in my opinion.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I've got JBA Shortie... 40K, no problems!! (its dull and ugly now though..)

the only problem is you need to insulate certain components under the hood... paint is peeling off my High-Pressure line that runs over it.. the Edelbrock Header (the one I was supposed to get but they were backordered) came with a Heat-Shield... but its a lil pricier

Long-Tube = Too damned loud for the Suburbs... unless you have a silencer Exhaust. I don't think a simple resonator will tone it down near enough (My JBA with High-Flow-Cat + Bosal = LOUDER than most cars)

02 Cheaters are easy, We use 'em here on our Saudi-Arabian exports, I can nab a handful for ya :)
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Hm can you give me more info on what components all need to be insulated. With the stock heat sheild not being there I can just tell its going to be sending alot of heat around the engine.
If you want I will sell you my JBAs and my ORP...because I want long tubes.

Only bad thing about saying that is basically I am telling you what to do. :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
I had to insulate mine just above the header on the hood, just before the header on the hoses and on the powersteering line behind the header (I think its power steering...don't flame me because i'm stupid...)

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/i.hate.rogers/Focus/572202_8_full.gif'>[Image: 572202_8_full.gif]
I had the jba shorty in for a year and I didn't see any areas that needed shielding. No damage anywhere. Now, when I put the OEM manifold back on... wow it seemed to radiate way more heat and I put the shield back on.

I had no complaints at all with the jba, will likely be &quot;heading&quot; back on soon :lol:

A high flow cat is definitely manditory though, my OEM was shot in just a few months. The screens inside became a metal ball in the bottom blocking flow... can you say DOWN on power :blink:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Jun 22 2004, 03:40 PM Wrote:I had the jba shorty in for a year and I didn't see any areas that needed shielding.
Wait my friend you will see.... ;)

go with a long tube header.. you'll probably see more gains.. the down side though is that your car might get very very loud
naz,Jun 22 2004, 05:13 PM Wrote:go with a long tube header.. you'll probably see more gains.. the down side though is that your car might get very very loud
Mine is loud already...yikes. ;)

Nothing a 36&quot; resonator can fix lol. The only thing really stopping me rigth now is do i get a shorty then end up having to get rid of it if i do want to goto turbo? I want to try and get parts so when the time comes Im not trying to rid of them.. or should I even bother for now?
get a used long tube header. you'd get the part on the cheap and you won't lose as much money when you try to resell

thabrat,Jun 22 2004, 05:55 PM Wrote:Nothing a 36&quot; resonator can fix lol. The only thing really stopping me rigth now is do i get a shorty then end up having to get rid of it if i do want to goto turbo? I want to try and get parts so when the time comes Im not trying to rid of them.. or should I even bother for now?
Thats what I did.... Focussport Race header w/ MBRP catback and a 36&quot; resonator welded in. Car sounds mean!

-P@
I Vtec
BrooksZX3,Jun 22 2004, 07:40 PM Wrote:A high flow cat is definitely manditory though, my OEM was shot in just a few months. The screens inside became a metal ball in the bottom blocking flow... can you say DOWN on power :blink:
Can you give me more detail about that? What do you mean metal ball?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Focus Is Art,Jun 23 2004, 04:23 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Jun 22 2004, 07:40 PM Wrote:A high flow cat is definitely manditory though, my OEM was shot in just a few months.&nbsp; The screens inside became a metal ball in the bottom blocking flow... can you say DOWN on power&nbsp; :blink:
He means the Guts of the Cat Melt and turn into a giant Ball-Bearing that clogs the tube :) Slows you down in one hell of a hurry
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Stap Boy,Jun 25 2004, 10:17 AM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Jun 23 2004, 04:23 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Jun 22 2004, 07:40 PM Wrote:A high flow cat is definitely manditory though, my OEM was shot in just a few months.  The screens inside became a metal ball in the bottom blocking flow... can you say DOWN on power  :blink:
He means the Guts of the Cat Melt and turn into a giant Ball-Bearing that clogs the tube :) Slows you down in one hell of a hurry
yup, felt like I was driving 30hp transport truck &lt;_&lt;
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
LOL@BrooksZX3