Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cel After Installing Speedhut Gauges.
This is my second set of speed hut gauges and this time after installing them I got the CEL to come on?!?!? What the heck? I must admit this installation was even smoother than the first. But why the CEL?
Run your car, not your mouth
Hmmm.. same thing happened to Bort when we installed his. Mine were fine though.

Did you start your car with the gauge cluster removed?
That is a weird one...got me :unsure:
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
try making sure the harness is plugged in correctly at the back of the cluster....

other than that...

sounds like a coincidence
Do that self test thing.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
lol my gauge story is brutal. i dont evenw ant to explain. 2 most crappy things that happened to me. The needles are not exact spec. had to take them of from when I put in my old gauges. then when i installed the new gauges i used a glue to hodl them down better but then i realized i used the wrong clue and it ate away at the gauge and now some spots dont light up. Now I gotta find time so I can rip it all out againa nd re sauder the coonections.
Yeah my engine light is on too.... piece of crap.... oh well. least i know its something i did, but now i'll never know if i actually have a problem with it or not lol
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
I got it. I turned my car on without the cluster in place. Just reset the ecu (remove black terminal for 5 min, then recconnect) voila. no more light. Gauges look sick.
They went away? Ok so I gotta reset the ecu.. what black thing do i remove, the whole cluster again?
Bort,May 8 2004, 07:10 AM Wrote:They went away? Ok so I gotta reset the ecu.. what black thing do i remove, the whole cluster again?
Remove the negative terminal off your car battery dude. Leave it off for like 5-10 min. ( I took it off long enough to have two cigarettes) put it back on, started the car, and voila, no check engine light! :D

PS: Thanks DD1 for the idea.
sweet thanx, i'll have to do that tomorrow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Got Speedhut Gauges ? zx5power 6 2,368 02-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Last Post: kc focus
  Installing Gauges Sundown 13 3,461 07-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Last Post: BradfordZX3