Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my zorst installed, with video!
Trubendz 3" 304 stainless system, with 18" magnaflow res and flow master muffler. Zorro muffler custom made 3" 409 satinless steel mandrel cat pipe with Carsound spun body cat
[Image: IMG00058-20110825-1245.jpg]
^had to modify the stock header to a more common flange
[Image: IMG00055-20110825-1244.jpg]
^tip sticks out a little to much for my liking
[Image: IMG00056-20110825-1244.jpg]
That's sweet mike... That looks wicked... Ne YouTube video with sound?
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(08-27-2011, 07:45 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: That's sweet mike... That looks wicked... Ne YouTube video with sound?

soon, need to borrow a legit camera from someone first lol
Haha... Sounds good... Make sure you do though... I wanna hear it!!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Pics of the Catalytic and where it was installed/supported please Smile

(08-30-2011, 01:43 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Pics of the Catalytic and where it was installed/supported please Smile

Ill have pics soon, but i can tell u the cat doesnt have a support bracket like the OE one does. The new pipe weighs about half as much as the original pipe. I havent seen an aftermarket cat pipe with the brace on it yet.

As for the location of the cat itself, its still in the OE spot; right under the oil pan in the cut out section. I told them to put the O2 sensors (mainly the rear one) as close as possible to the cat to keep the CEL from coming on, which worked flawlessly. I have yet to trip the CEL light and the car is running mint.

PS shot some video 2night with a buddy of mine, should be up shortly!
heres the vid, keep in mind my front head shield is hangin on by a thread, which is that rattle and tin sound. The back fire also gets deeper after its nice n warm Big Grin

(08-31-2011, 01:11 PM)sonic_mikey Wrote: I havent seen an aftermarket cat pipe with the brace on it yet.
I haven't seen an aftermarket cat that did not crack eventually due to stress. Its not weight that does it in, its the thin/brittle metal of the spun cats and the stress of the moving exhaust.

Get them to put some sort of bracket in there or you'll be back with a cracked pipe right behind your catalytic converter within a year.

hermmmm, my profs always said the OEMs never give you something you dont need, ill have to look into it, thxs dude