Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, rear lower control arms
...How much?

FML. Ken? Pricing options? I'm also going to try Maslack.
NM, got the LCAs in town at Maslack for decent pricing. Now it's just a bitch thread. LOL

"Yeah, Brad, it's just pulling to the left a little. I'll have it in tomorrow." - me to my mechanic buddy last night at the shop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
DAAAAAAAAYYYYYAAAAMMMMM...thats bad
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
that makes me feel like shiting and thats not good
Holy f**k!!! Your a lucky guy lol... I think that coulda been a lot worse had you gone over any bumps too hard 8-l
Looks like its been cracked for a while as well
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
wow thats nuts. i put new ones in my wagon last year due to cracks
It my not be fast but its LOUD
o.o eww hate to say it... thats an ugggly crack and never thought a part like that could do that (runs out and takes a peek at all my cars)
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)
common problem, usually only happens with the steeda 28mm sway bar and shocks set on a super soft setting Tongue
(03-30-2012, 07:40 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: common problem, usually only happens with the steeda 28mm sway bar and shocks set on a super soft setting Tongue

yup - the 2010 LCAs are upgraded (and actually what you will get from Ford) and that's what I put in the red track rat when I did the suspension and brakes last year.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Sorry for being ignorant, 2010 stuff fits the 1st generation?
(03-30-2012, 09:48 AM)moon111 Wrote: Sorry for being ignorant, 2010 stuff fits the 1st generation?

yup ... and not to give away my mojo, but I've been buying some specific 2012 suspension bits and so far 2 of them are identical to the 00-11 - and cheaper. More on that later.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
being under a few 2012's now, ive noticed the suspension is identical.....
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
Has anyone else been under a jaguar x-type? (Think its that one, or the s-type) almost a cut and paste of a focus rear end. Same thing with the mazda3/5
I have a x-type and its not.. xtype is all wheel drive and uses a different setup i receintly had to repair the rear end on it after it started to squat bad there was 2 bars thet go from the frame to the suspension that the bushing crush bad and the wheels will go cockeyed and the car will squat very badly (C2S50863 Jaguar X Type Rear Suspension Control Arm)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
(03-30-2012, 01:13 PM)Feral Wrote: I have a x-type and its not.. xtype is all wheel drive and uses a different setup i receintly had to repair the rear end on it after it started to squat bad there was 2 bars thet go from the frame to the suspension that the bushing crush bad and the wheels will go cockeyed and the car will squat very badly (C2S50863 Jaguar X Type Rear Suspension Control Arm)

I couldn't remember which one it was, I just remember being under a jag at work and it looking very very familier lol
i CAN tell you alot of parts for the V6 x-tpe are the same on focuses ... i have been repairing the x-type for some time now with spare focus parts XD quite funny when you pull a jag part and it cones back with a ford part number ( yes i know ford owned Jag) but still funny how many parts i have used from a focus on it
I got both sides from the Local wrecker in Acton for 30$.
Ken - let me know what's common if you will for the 2012 vs the 2000. It's nice having it back on the road. f**k I missed booting around and not having to brake for most corners Big Grin

I put on the LCAs from a 2011 Focus - so heed Ken's words guys, the new ones are redesigned/reinforced, and anything 2010-on for used will give you the same "upgrade". In other words, stay away from 2009 and earlier rear LCAs.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Adam, what rear bar are you running? Just the SVT? That's scary...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Ryan, I'm honestly not sure what's on the car currently. Later on this year I'm going to upgrade to a set of Eibachs. It corners pretty flat, so let's call it a set of SVT bars for argument's sake.

Ever clean that thing? Man at least hose the under carriage off every now and again.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.