Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ssbc drum to disc
Any feed back on the ssbc drum to disc conversion?

http://www.amazon.com/SSBC-A161-1-Rear-D...rsion+Kits
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Looks to be a conversion for solid rear axle vehicles. Looks to be 5 bolt as well. I'm just looking on my phone tho but can't see a specific application
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
It says it fits a 2003 focus, I'm not sure if of order it off amazon lol probably right from ssbc just curious on people's thoughts
http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/77A5498A3716488.aspx

Here's another one
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(09-20-2012, 11:54 AM)jtdanks Wrote: It says it fits a 2003 focus, I'm not sure if of order it off amazon lol probably right from ssbc just curious on people's thoughts
http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/77A5498A3716488.aspx

Here's another one

The pic is just one of those generic pics - the SSBC website confirms the fitment for 2000-2007 Focus.

SSBC makes pretty good stuff from what I've heard (never purchased any of their product though due to high cost) but there are a couple of things to consider:

1. According to the SSBC website 17" rims are required. Now the rotor specs appear to be exactly SVT (12" dia x 1" thick) which suggests you could get away with 16" as you can with SVT brakes (even the fronts which are closer to 13") ... but they may use a different caliper or caliper placement bracket. If you have 17s then not an issue.

2. You may want to confirm replacement part numbers and check out their cost. It could be that generic rotors and pads will fit, but you never know. What you want to find out is the FMSI number for each ... FMSI is a standardized number system for brake parts and crosses all lines between makes and models.

Otherwise it seems to be a good option, albeit an expensive one, to replace the Ford Racing kit.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I do have 17s waiting to be mounted and I sent ssbc and email yesterday asking a few questions so I can try and find out more when they reply
red 00' zx3 daily driven