Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any interest?
While this looks like a For Sale post, it is more of a request to see if there is interest. Down east, you have access to cheap Pick 'n Pull wrecking yards. Out west, our prices are very near retail. For that reason (and yeah, I'm cheap) I usually try to get my parts by buying a complete write-off when I need parts. SVT-WGN was fabricated from the parts of the wrecks of two SVT write-offs added to a wagon. We used the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, exhaust from one (the interior and other usable parts went to another car.) The second SVT (the four door model) provided me with the interior, dash, carpet and door panels. All the other useful parts also went elsewhere.

Now I am bidding on a third SVT (two door). While I do not need much, there are a few items I would keep (see list below.) The remainder I would like to part out. Shipping would be at cost or if you can wait, free, until our next trip to Trawna. I am prepared to hang on to the parts, but when delivered, I would expect payment. Which brings me to the real reason for this post.

I tried to post this in the Sell Items thread. At the top it said posters need fifty posts before posting an ad. Yet my ad did not appear. When I read the rules post, the requirement there is 100+ posts. So I cannot complain, yet.

If someone wants specific parts, and can wait, then please send me a message. If I get enough firm requests, I will increase the size of my bid. At the moment, my bid is low (although to be honest, my bids on the earlier models won and were not much higher.) This auction will be over in less than two weeks. Here are the photos:

[Image: 15s3iva.jpg]

List of available items:
  • Interior (seats - passenger seat appear ripped and carpet - appears dirty)
  • Hood (appears undamaged)
  • Rear lift gate (appears undamaged)
  • Rear bumper and diffuser (appears undamaged)
  • Complete exhaust system
  • Driver side door and glass (appears undamaged)

List of items I want to keep (although if you want the parts bad enough, I can be persuaded to sell):
  • Steel wheels and snow tires
  • Engine and transmission (spare parts for the day I miss a shift)
  • Dash (I need the airbags)

Parts that are too badly damaged and/or missing:
  • Front bumper
  • Passenger side door and glass
  • Rear quarter
  • Side mirrors

Assume the worst, send me a PM with the lowest price you would still pay for the desired part. I will add it to what I want and then bid accordingly. I have access to the repair estimate, which does list all of the damage.
Would be interested in the passenger inside door panel but it would have to be really near perfect.
I have a cut on mine and am looking for a replacement.
Every dk. grey interior panel out here is from a manual window ZX3.
If I win the auction, I could post my photos of parts after being removed. The door panels are blue to match the seats I believe.
The color doesn't matter as I will be swapping it for the perforated Euro interior panel.
Would be interested in the rear bumper.
MIRRORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just saying...

and skirts if they aren't broken.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Unfortunately my bid did not win. The SVT write-off went for $777.77 which was a good couple of hundred above my bid. So back to the old wait and watch. The VIN (3FAHP39542R227747) tells me it was assembled in Hermosillo, Mexico.
Funny bidder Luck $777.77 I wouldn't of paid that. There probably gonna put it back together and flip it.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Obviously I didn't either. Possibly he may try to fix and flip. That has already happened once (check VIN). More likely, purchaser will part it out. Or maybe even do as we did, which is swap all the good stuff into another Focus, maybe a wagon. Will monitor local scene. The only other possibility is he already owns an SVT and needs some parts.