Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hood Cable Frozen
has anyone esle had this problem. when ever it gets cold my hood release doesn't want to work until the car warms up. I've had this problem for a while but never as bad as this weekend. I forgot to plug inmy car so i hit the remote start and ofcoarse the car doesn't start. so I go out to manually start it, nothing and now the battery is drained. so I go to pop the hood and nothing, the cable won't even move. so now I have to find a warm garage to push it into and then let the car warm up and hope the battery isn't frozen, then pop the hood and charge the battery, then I have to replace the cable again. since this has happened before but the last time I snapped the release off. I'm really begining to remember why I hate fords and am getting a whole new list of things as to why I hate ford.

I hate alberta weather and fords craptacular cheap parts.

sorry this is my rant but yeah has anyone else had this problem or am i the only one who gets this kind of bs happening to my car.
Yep I had that prob, snapped the cable right off use and long flat head screw driver and slide it in the grill right beside the latch relaese (need a flashlight, right side of the Ford Logo) and press the latch to the left to pop it. As for replacing the cable wow what a chore that was. Good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

well you could replace the cable like before, or do the European route like I did a few years ago, I have no hood cable at all, as I have the European hood lock. I'm sure if you kept the hood lock really well greased up wuth WD40 it should withstand the cold and ice.

Keys :

[Image: 000_0229.jpg]

[Image: 000_0235.jpg]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
That's neat. Didn't know about that...
malim,Dec 16 2008, 12:37 AM Wrote:That's neat. Didn't know about that...
[right][snapback]278295[/snapback][/right]

well I will admit that anyone one with a 2005+ won't be able to do this with their car unless they did a front end swap with a 2000-2004 model.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ok frost _2001 your a bastard lolj/k I would love tot to the euro swap but don't know where to get the hood lock.

i finally fixed it replaced the cable and white lithium greased the crap out of the latch and cable now it moves like butter.