Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Yall Driving
NikiterZTS,Dec 13 2008, 06:05 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Dec 13 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 13 2008, 04:11 PM Wrote:But you are right, the Focus Scene in S.O. is slowly dying.  Its up to us to keep it alive.
[right][snapback]278192[/snapback][/right]
True ... but Ford hasn't made it easy ... after 7 Foci in a row I'm now replacing my wife's ZTW with a new Fusion - why? - because no wagon ... the only Focus we really liked and fit perfectly for our family was the wagon ... no wagon anymore ... I might have convinced her that a 5-door hatch was close enough - but, no hatch either.

We almost went for the Mazda5, nice vehicle, but the combination of high price and high lease rates resulted in a monthly lease payment almost $120 more than a fully loaded Fusion SEL I4 (both with 0 down) and a buy-out more than $2000 higher - just didn't make sense economically - so I guess that means we're still a Focus family at heart LOL - cheap.
[right][snapback]278194[/snapback][/right]

Ken, what was the main reason for you to get rid of the wagon?
[right][snapback]278195[/snapback][/right]

Good question ... frankly it's my own weird thing about cars - I get new car fever every three years - LOL - I like to lease and I don't liking driving without warranty ... and I like to drive a car with no more than 100k on the clock ... I actually wanted to get rid of it at the end of its lease, but Virginia convinced me to buy it out instead (that was before we knew the wagon was being cancelled) - so I put an extended warranty on it and we kept it ... truly it's been an excellent car, perhaps the best Focus we've had ... but it's now got 112k and the warranty is up in July.

So I knew the time was coming soon ... and back in Sep the Ford incentives were so amazing I couldn't believe how inexpensive a lease on a Fusion would be - so I factory ordered the new car ... and with Ford of Canada's raincheck system I have the option of taking the incentives that were in place back when I ordered it, or the incentives in place when we take delivery (my choice) - and even though it's Virginia's car, I kinda have new car fever - LOL - my dealer loves me - since 1978 I've leased 17 cars from him including a VW.

Anyway - back to your question - according to my wife I'm selling the car for no good reason - she loves it and wants to keep it - it's just me and my wierdness.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2009 Acura RDX
2007 Ford Mustang
2007 Ford Focus
2002 ZTS sedan (Mine)
2009 Flex (Hers!)
1985 Merkur XR4ti (immobile for now)
heheh I'll throw mine in

2001 Ford Focus ZTW/SE Wagon (Dubbed Wagon #1) ( Left Wagon in the Picture )
-Daily Driver
-Work Horse

2001 Ford Focus ZTW/SE Wagon (Dubbed Wagon #2) ( Right Wagon in the Picture)
-Saved from being shredded/scrapped
-its my project wagon to make it into MY car not A Car
-mechanic said Blown Engine, to bad a stripped timing belt has the same symptoms as a blown engine
-paid $700 can't complain
- car is being COMPLETELY Gutted and redone, all new Interior, pulling teh engine and rebuilding it, being refaced outside and being repainted the same color tho

1991 Ford Aerostar EXT
-Daily Driver
-Work Van
-Deer killer (hit and killed 3 deer and still perfect)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica
-Backup car
-Needs some TLC
-Gettin rid of it

heres my Twin Wagons
[Image: fofo.jpg]
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)