Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bc Bred Focus
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 12 2008, 01:24 PM Wrote:The only other thing I can come up with is that turn-in wouldn't be as instantaneous as a stock stance Focus[right][snapback]257874[/snapback][/right]

this may be on the right track. I read an article and it had something to do with scrub radius. and i think what you said relates to it, but it was more complicated than i cared for. Feel free to search for it if some light reading to put you to sleep.

One of the benefits of running a lower ofset wheel (sticks out more) is that you can fill the wheel well with wider tires. Tire width is more important IMO than the track (width between the tires) of a car. I am that auto-xer that james was talking about (I'm very flattered by the way :blush: ) and next year i plan on running 275wide race tires, but to keep that rubber from rubbing on the strut/shock the wheel center has to be moved further out. That would then rub on the fenders, so they'll have to move (or be removed) too.

I am interested to hear what James has to say about the handling of his car once he gets the flares on and can toss it into a couple corners. Although i suspect his choice in wheel was heavily influenced on style and performance benefits may have been secondary
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
are you guys talking about PAX times or raw times for the stock focus vs modded focus? i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the same driver being slower in a modded car? is the stock car using R comps (stock class) and the modded car is using street tires (ST* class)?

FTD (raw?!) in a ZX3 is crazy. wow.. i wish i was local so i could see you drive thenorm. at the NJ region events i used to go some someone usually shows up with a purpose built vehicle which makes it hard for a production car to take FTD

i'm always interested in how other ppl setup their cars because my own approach is much more simple.. keep the car stock, stuff the widest/stickiest tires i can afford that fit on the OE wheel and try to go to lots of events. ha!