Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Leaking?
hey guys, I purchased a used svtf several days ago and i was cleaning the carpet when i noticed there was some shiny stuff on it, under the clutch pedal. then i found the back of the pedal greasy. Does any one know what could be causing this and is it an easy fix ? Also possible cost envolved? The brake light was flashing but it did stop when i topped up the reservoir. Any thoughts? :(
Common issue.

I think it cost me 160 bucks including labour to have the slave cylinder replaced.

I know lot of guys on here have experienced this annoying little focus problem :P
hi, is it just the slave cylinder that is causing this and where did you have yours repaired- dealer? wondering also if it is possible to it myself, most complicated thing i've done in a focus is the rear brake drum.
Sounds like the clutch master leaking. If it were the slave the fluid would be outside.
Get that fixed ASAP by a DealerShip.
Wont take more then like 2 hours to fix. They just swap the unit and bleed the line.
If thats what it is.

I have one sitting in my garage right now lol.
2000 ZX3
ok , i guess the dealer will be seeing my car finally. thanks guys.
Sorry. Mason was right. It's the master cylendar.

About 160 to swap out at dealer!
ANTHONYD,Aug 6 2007, 10:40 PM Wrote:Sorry. Mason was right. It's the master cylendar.

About 160 to swap out at dealer!
[right][snapback]245895[/snapback][/right]

Master, Slave dont really matter. But fix is ASAP.
Id sell you mine but I want what ford wants.
2000 ZX3
okay guys just a update on this, i just finished replacing the master cylinder myself, took about two hours most of the time wiping my sweat off. I used part number 1M5Z-7A543-AA, this should help any one to find the part. As for how easy this job turned out to be, lets just say previous focus' brake drum was much more difficult than this.
btw i only save 60 bucks... :huh:
:lol:
trinifoci,Aug 11 2007, 10:48 PM Wrote:okay guys just a update on this, i just finished replacing the master cylinder myself, took about two hours most of the time wiping my sweat off. I used part number 1M5Z-7A543-AA, this should help any one to find the part. As for how easy this job turned out to be, lets just say previous focus' brake drum was much more difficult than this. 
btw i only save 60 bucks... :huh:
:lol:
[right][snapback]246467[/snapback][/right]

Ya. I hear it can be a pain in the ass so i Decided to just let ford do it for 60bux.
2000 ZX3
new victim here..the car is going in on monday for the dealer to fix it....i hope they dont try bending me over and start saying i need ____ and ____ and _____, oh and dont forget _______.

how many hours dose the dealership charge?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
lol, well actually i did it myself -the part cost just under 90 dollars and it took about one and a half hour to do it, not knowing anything about the car.I just read a write up from focus fanactics site.if you do plan on doing it yourself try this link http://tech9.us/focaljet/mt285mtx75masterc...replacement.pdf <_<