Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Wiring
Big plans for the weekend, well not really.
I just got these little toys in and I'm all pumped to install them.
Finally clean up the rats nest by my electrical panel.

Hubbell Networking

Hubbell Phone
Looks like a nice lttle project.
When I built my house 5 years ago, I installed RJ-45 cables in all my rooms and in the basement.
I used Cat5e cable for my phone also, which means I can use a phone jack for phone or data ;)
Nowadays, wireless systems are the way to go, but they still don't match the speed of a "wired" network :)
Have fun
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Ditto, I wired up our place and got a few jacks up and running in the mean time. Well a year later I'll finally finish things up. We have a wireless also, but it's definately slower, mostly the download PC and printer sit on the wired portion. The laptops roam the house freely.

I actually bought these to wire some friends places, ended up using a Leviton set I have laying around for one, and the other seriously scaled back his "requirement". So I have a second set of these now.
Nice project j3rt. 8 port patch panel and rj11 demarcation block is the way to go. I re-wired my parents house a few years ago with the "left over" cat5eFT4 Cables I had arround from previous projects. I also wired telephone jacks in star topology instead of series, incase I later decide to install a small phone switch, but since gave up and am going to resort to Cisco IP Phones instead. Right now every room has Ethernet jack (internet), Phone, as well as Coaxial Cable TV jack powered by a 8 way distrobution amp and block. Definately one of the best ways to increase your homes re-sale value too if you were to sell it.
My other ride is your Mom