Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why It's So Friggin' Cold Out This Spring...
from The weather network...

Quote:2007 Spring OutlookFor immediate release

A Slow Warm Up to Spring for Most of the Country

Oakville, ON, March 1, 2007. Winter began with mild conditions, but transitioned to near or below seasonal values by mid winter. Below normal temperatures will continue to dominate the country for the spring. Canadians hoping for warmer temperatures in early spring will have to wait a while longer.

The latest reports are indicating a cooling trend of the equatorial sea surface temperatures in the Pacific Ocean. If the cooling trend continues, it will lead to a weakening of the current El Nino. As a result of the weakening El Nino, there will be an increase in westerly and northwesterly low level winds across Canada. These winds will allow cold arctic air to penetrate into southern parts of the country, which will keep temperatures at or below normal for the next several months.

Following is a look at what Canadians can expect this spring:

Much of British Columbia can expect near normal precipitation this spring with the exception of northern coastal regions where wetter than normal conditions will dominate. Temperatures are expected to be near normal for northern and southern regions of the province with central portions of the province experiencing below normal temperatures.
Near normal precipitation will dominate the Prairie provinces, however, Northern Manitoba can expect below normal precipitation while southern areas of the province can expect above normal precipitation.
The majority of Ontario will see below normal temperatures and near normal precipitation this spring with the exception of northwestern parts of the province where above normal precipitation is expected.
Below normal temperatures will dominate the province of Quebec. Most of the province can expect near normal precipitation with the exception of extreme northern areas of the province where precipitation is expected to be below normal.
Most of the Atlantic provinces can expect near normal temperatures with the exception of Labrador where below normal temperatures will dominate. New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island can look forward to near normal precipitation this spring. Nova Scotia and parts of Newfoundland and Labrador can expect above normal precipitation.

Watch The Weather Network on cable and satellite services beginning March 1st for spring forecast reports including national temperature and precipitation maps or visit theweathernetwork.com.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Global Warming!
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
They know that you bought a convertible Mustang... :ph34r:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Apr 11 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:They know that you bought a convertible Mustang... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]234239[/snapback][/right]

I'm gonna have to buy a driving toque.. and driving goggles.

darkpuppet,Apr 11 2007, 11:28 AM Wrote:
dBlast,Apr 11 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:They know that you bought a convertible Mustang... :ph34r:

[right][snapback]234241[/snapback][/right]
No need when you have a Focus.
K&N Filter.....
darkpuppet,Apr 11 2007, 10:17 AM Wrote:from The weather network...

Quote:2007 Spring OutlookFor immediate release

A Slow Warm Up to Spring for Most of the Country

Oakville, ON, March 1, 2007. .............
[right][snapback]234234[/snapback][/right]

And that was written a month and a half ago too, of all the things for a weather office to be right about when they can't even get the next day's weather right half the time.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
oldeguy,Apr 11 2007, 11:03 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 11 2007, 11:28 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]234241[/snapback][/right]
No need when you have a Focus.
[right][snapback]234246[/snapback][/right]

Nope just open the moonroof and crank up the heat (Oh and if you're bald as I am, wear a hat, unless you like being called "traffic light" :lol: )

NefCanuck
Or just turn on the heated seats?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 11 2007, 08:27 PM Wrote:Or just turn on the heated seats?
[right][snapback]234301[/snapback][/right]

True, true, the butt warmers are quite nice this time of year :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 11 2007, 10:08 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 11 2007, 08:27 PM Wrote:Or just turn on the heated seats?
[right][snapback]234301[/snapback][/right]

True, true, the butt warmers are quite nice this time of year :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]234314[/snapback][/right]
You guys are makiong me jealous. A moonroof and heated seats. Next time I get a Focus, I want those items. and Foglights and a spoiler and a turbo or supercharger and................
K&N Filter.....
hmm after reading that... it dose confirm what I was thinking... mother nature is on the rag still.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 12 2007, 09:05 AM Wrote:hmm after reading that... it dose confirm what I was thinking... mother nature is on the rag still.
[right][snapback]234364[/snapback][/right]

you got that from the dean blundell show, didn't you?
:P

oldeguy,Apr 12 2007, 08:46 AM Wrote:You guys are makiong me jealous. A moonroof and heated seats. Next time I get a Focus, I want those items. and Foglights and a spoiler and a turbo or supercharger and................
[right][snapback]234359[/snapback][/right]

my 2007 stang cost 2G more than my 2002 2x5 did (with 3 grand worth of wheels and tires)... and the roof goes all the way down... think about it

They've done massive corrections since, cause my ZX5 was 21Gs. 23 after taxes.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
At the time I bought my '05 as an ex daily rental for 21K taxes in, a new one with the same specs would have pegged out at just under $30 w/taxes :blink:

I swear to god, this weather keeps up and I'm gonna drive up to Wiarton and smack that bastard rodent with my cane... Early spring my @$$ <_< (Shoulda known the fix was in, the way that damn rodent bounced around in its cage like it was high on crack :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 12 2007, 10:28 AM Wrote:At the time I bought my '05 as an ex daily rental for 21K taxes in, a new one with the same specs would have pegged out at just under $30 w/taxes :blink:

I swear to god, this weather keeps up and I'm gonna drive up to Wiarton and smack that bastard rodent with my cane... Early spring my @$$ <_< (Shoulda known the fix was in, the way that damn rodent bounced around in its cage like it was high on crack :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]234388[/snapback][/right]

LMAO! do it ! smack that little bitch up lmao..... :lol:

and no I got that statment from my dad... he says that when ever the weather is mess up.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.