Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Download Sites ...
As the title says ... looking for the best music download sites - don't want a subscription, just want to buy files I can keep and use where and when I want ... I thought there was a recent thread on this, but couldn't find anything more recent than 2005/6 ...

So what are you using ?/

TIA
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Bittorrent FTW

http://www.bitlord.com

http://www.btjunkie.org

Get Bitlord, download and install, then do your searching on BTjunkie.

You're good to go.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
To Pay for: iTunes (must use iTunes as the files are in AAC format)
For Free: Limewire

You aren't going to report up are you? LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
use limewire, its free, most of the songs are legit/good quality, easy to use. if you wanna download full albumbs then use torrents, but you'll need something like utorrent to download them, (the torrents).
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
http://www.4shared.com
Dnload bittorrent, then go to http://www.piratebay.org and you're off to the races.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I'm using an older version of frostwire, I like it, but not interested in the newer version
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Lime wire is full of viruses, fake songs, spyware, adaware, trojans, etc.

I second 4shared.com and I also recommend beemp3.com. as well there is a rapidshare search, forgot the url out there , but its pretty impressive, no need to resort to Bit Torrents for me.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Nov 8 2009, 10:40 AM Wrote:Lime wire is full of viruses, fake songs, spyware, adaware, trojans, etc.

[right][snapback]296987[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. :angry:

Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire. I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
These days you can download DRM-free music from iTunes. Not all songs, but a fair number.

Your other choices are pretty much all non-legal options.

HMV and a few other music sites provide purchase-per-track/album options as well.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

dBlast,Nov 8 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire.&nbsp; I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
[right][snapback]296988[/snapback][/right]
thats weird i've used limewire for a good 4 years now, no problems.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Nov 9 2009, 12:38 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Nov 8 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire.  I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
[right][snapback]297042[/snapback][/right]

If you do a virus scan on each download. You'll solve most of the problems.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 9 2009, 12:12 PM Wrote:
Spinal,Nov 9 2009, 12:38 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Nov 8 2009, 11:05 AM Wrote:Everytime my computers had problems, it was because the kids went on Limewire.  I have banned Limewire from the household computers and threatened loss of computer privlidges.
[right][snapback]297042[/snapback][/right]

If you do a virus scan on each download. You'll solve most of the problems.
[right][snapback]297044[/snapback][/right]

I'm ditto with Spinal. never had a prob. Unless the file looked completely weird. Then it was see ya later but you get that on every site and program.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2004 Free Download Free Download Dream Mx Weaver onlyforyoucheapsoft 0 822 12-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Last Post: onlyforyoucheapsoft