http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_2857.aspx
hmm... i do want a pet...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I could help them out .........open the cages and let the bird fly out. Thats one problems sloved.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Aug 19 2006, 02: Wrote:I could help them out .........open the cages and let the bird fly out. Thats one problems sloved.
[right][snapback]203023[/snapback][/right]

I wish someone would kick you in the nuts...

I remember going to the Toronto Humane Society to get a cat, they denied me one because I once had a cat that got hit by a truck out in the country when I was like 8 years old. They told me letting my cats outside was too dangerous.

So because of that I can't go and get a cat from them. So unfortunately I can't help them out.

But I do have 2 cats here, 1 from a vet, she'd been abused we think, but she's finally starting to like people. And the othe cat we found around the apartment, no one claimed it so we kept it. Unfortunately at the previous apartment they had a lot of work done, redid the balconies and such, and now he's a fraidy cat and hides under the covers whenever anything happens. They're indoor cats because I live in an apartment, and letting them out the second story window IS dangerous. But at previous places where I was on the ground floor I left a window open for them to wander to and fro.

Anyway, moral of the story is, lie to the Humane society to get a pet otherwise they ban you for life.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
How did they know ^^

And..seriously, they say they got a problem with too many animals...WTF?

How do you scan people though!!?? It's a messed up situation!

Between me and my roomates now, we got 3 rabbits, 2 cats, 2 dogs, a few fish, and a ........ferret... :angry:

the ferret is cool but totally insane to catch!!!
I already adopted a cat a month ago from the Renfrew County SPCA...

15.75lbs, 3 years old, tabby marked long hair, is about 50% or more Maine Coon, and goes by the name of Chaos...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
microbunny,Aug 19 2006, 07:19 PM Wrote:How did they know ^^

And..seriously, they say they got a problem with too many animals...WTF?

How do you scan people though!!?? It's a messed up situation!

Between me and my roomates now, we got 3 rabbits, 2 cats, 2 dogs, a few fish, and a ........ferret... :angry:

the ferret is cool but totally insane to catch!!!
[right][snapback]203035[/snapback][/right]
Because they asked if I had had a cat previously, I said yes. They asked what happened to it and I said it had gotten hit by a truck when I lived back at the farm house. Because I'm way too honest a person I guess.

I hate Ferrets... my Dad has one, I want to kill it, but I'm far too nice to do that. So I always hope something unfortunate happens to it. It once fell off the 4th story balcony at one of the apartments. It lived, totally unhurt. Those things are indestructable. Everyone thought I threw it off the balcony, but that's so so so cruel I'd never do it.

We always let it run around on the balcony, and it was fine. It was one of those bricked in balconies so we figured there was no way she could fall off. However we were moving stuff around, and leaned something against the wall, she climbed up it and I dunno if it was a gust of wind or she just fell. We didn't know where she was for 3 days, some people in the building had found her.

Anyway, I can understand how they don't want to hand an animal out to just anyone, because it could be abused etc... but I think you have to take a chance or two, or you just might have to start putting them all to sleep, which isn't really a solution.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
yeh..the ferret kinda smells funny too.. :lol:

the humane society is f***ed sometimes! :angry:
I hate this stuff, its so sad. I wish people realized that these animals can't take care of themselves, especially locked in cages.

If I had the space, time, and money, my house would probably be a zoo from wanting to bring all of them home.

Except for ferrets.. they smell like... weird.

Something Similar happened here...
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Yea, i really would have all the animals I could if I had the resources..

I got my kitten (evil!) from the animal rescue here in London and had a crazy interview, which I guess is good because there are so many people in the world that should not have animals!!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
We were thinking of getting another dog....

I told the wife the house isn't big enough.

I want another dog :(
ANTHONYD,Aug 21 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:We were thinking of getting another dog....

I told the wife the house isn't big enough.

I want another dog :(
[right][snapback]203173[/snapback][/right]

Thats a good sign! Most people when they get a new pup are swearing and replacing chewed up doors.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
microbunny,Aug 19 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Aug 19 2006, 02: Wrote:I could help them out .........open the cages and let the bird fly out. Thats one problems sloved.
[right][snapback]203023[/snapback][/right]

I wish someone would kick you in the nuts...
[right][snapback]203029[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, maybe I won't mention dropping the kittens off in Chinatown then... :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adopt Pinky. ANTHONYD 2 1,289 11-22-2005, 04:51 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me