Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Guru's
I'll be at wing night Wednesday big boy. :wub:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Brian,

I'm not a SVT guru by any means, but I'll second the ST sedan. After having sat in numerous Foci thanks to the members here... I have the most room in sedans.

Also, the 05 ST is a great idea because as Sparky mentioned you get the one thing the SVT is missing - torque. All suspension upgrades fit, Daniel's rocking the MBRP on his Duratec and I'm sure there are plenty more options there. Plus, as they'll be coming off lease by the time you're ready - more cheddar for whatever you want. Whereas, say in 18 months, you'll be getting some tired SVTs or they'll all be commanding Focus-nutjob premiums for good examples.

And besides, I can't get over how well the ST does for gas vs. the 2L SES. If nothing else, I'd say you have a greater propensity to make power easily as you don't have pre-existing tune and intake manifold concerns to keep in the back of your head. Also, you'll be able to benefit from anything that tunes the 2.3L in the Fusion (as well as Cosworth stuff - YUM!), which is an added bonus in the modding world.

Plus, you can't beat the security of a trunk as my wife says. She's quite right. :)

All the best in your search, man.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
SVTF's are somewhat problematic. You can count on replacing the dsi clip etc. There are issues with broken exhaust mounts on the back of the engine, power steering hose ruptures, leaky T-stat housings, clutch problems (apparently) You can expect to get 400-500 km's per tank.

On the plus side, they are a blast to drive.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I remember that "dlb" used to have a modded ZX3, hence where I got some of my parts from. He sold it and bought a golf TDi, and he told me that he found it really boring compared to the focus. Especially after having one with an Apex suspension and SHM rims and whatnot.

I think you'd be best off with a ZX3, likely and 02 or 03 that's done its major depreciation already. Then you can season it to taste...

I can drive from Petawawa to Hamilton or Brantford on a single tank, averaging 20km's/hr over the speed limit, and with it's current bolt-ons and stock tune.

Thats over 500 km's per tank when speeding....figure I'd be closer to 600 with my air filter freshly washed and oiled, and driving the speed limit or 10k over.

Hope this helps...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Ever consider the Contour SVT? The 1999 or 2000 are the best years, from what I hear. A quick search shows American models selling for considerably less than Canadian ones, although the mileage is getting up there on a lot of them. Rear legroom in them has been an issue as well.....
02ztsian,Aug 20 2006, 02:37 PM Wrote:Ever consider the Contour SVT? The 1999 or 2000 are the best years, from what I hear. A quick search shows American models selling for considerably less than Canadian ones, although the mileage is getting up there on a lot of them. Rear legroom in them has been an issue as well.....
[right][snapback]203118[/snapback][/right]

ZTWSquared has an AWESOME SVT Contour. Words don't do it justice. Sadly, I'd think such a car now falls squarely in the "fanaticism" category for price - either it's trashed and not worth saving, or it's pristine and you're paying through the nose.

I'm not sure what the rear seats are like, never got a chance to sit in Ken's. I wish Ford made more cars like that - a small, well-tuned V6 with lots of twist to it. Well, there's the Fusion with the 3L Duratec... that car's playing bad-cop to the Focus' good-cop routine lately :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
My parents had a Contour SE from the Kansas City assembly plant...it had a 5 speed, the 2.5L V6, and the interior was simply awesome...it was ordered in a style/colour that wasn't available in Canada.

They make a really fun daily driver for sure...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 20 2006, 04:55 PM Wrote:
02ztsian,Aug 20 2006, 02:37 PM Wrote:Ever consider the Contour SVT? The 1999 or 2000 are the best years, from what I hear. A quick search shows American models selling for considerably less than Canadian ones, although the mileage is getting up there on a lot of them. Rear legroom in them has been an issue as well.....
[right][snapback]203118[/snapback][/right]

ZTWSquared has an AWESOME SVT Contour. Words don't do it justice. Sadly, I'd think such a car now falls squarely in the "fanaticism" category for price - either it's trashed and not worth saving, or it's pristine and you're paying through the nose.

I'm not sure what the rear seats are like, never got a chance to sit in Ken's. I wish Ford made more cars like that - a small, well-tuned V6 with lots of twist to it. Well, there's the Fusion with the 3L Duratec... that car's playing bad-cop to the Focus' good-cop routine lately :D
[right][snapback]203123[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to get my hands on an SVT contour. There are a few guys with 320+ K on those motors and they're still solid.

But in this case i dont think a 8+ year old car is an option for meford.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I don't know how reliable they are, but I can picture ya's cruisin back and forth in a SMARTass car. I haven't been on hear in awhile (busy torqueing the Edges) do you still have the F150 or have/are ya selling it?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Aug 22 2006, 07:58 PM Wrote:I don't know how reliable they are, but I can picture ya's cruisin back and forth in a SMARTass car.  I haven't been on hear in awhile (busy torqueing the Edges) do you still have the F150 or have/are ya selling it?
[right][snapback]203457[/snapback][/right]
My fatass in a SMARTASS. Your too funny.
I am keeping the truck, getting rid of the Dinosaur and buying 2 cars eventually.

The Contour is not an option.

I don't need options on what to buy. I just needed information on the SVT Focus.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.