Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocks/struts
I might be going round 2 wiht my suspension and i think im gonna do springs and dampers.
the springs are gonna be FK Sport springs
With the dampers im unsure whether to go wiht the KYB GR2's or KYB AGX's.

Anybody have any experience wiht either set?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
If i'm not mistaken, the GR2's are OEM replacements, and are NOT intended for use with lowering springs (even though the warranty covers a max 1.5" drop).
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
I have the AGX. They're a good shock/strut. No real issues with them other than they are only 1 way adjustable ( rebound ). I think they are worth the money you pay for them.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
why not go with fk shocks?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what will FK shocks run me? i already have the springs, they are the 60/40, but they are used.

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
ZX5focused,Aug 16 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:what will FK shocks run me?  i already have the springs, they are the 60/40, but they are used.
[right][snapback]202714[/snapback][/right]

No clue...I got the springs/shocks combo for under $550
Flofocus,Aug 17 2006, 08:49 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Aug 16 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:what will FK shocks run me?  i already have the springs, they are the 60/40, but they are used.
[right][snapback]202714[/snapback][/right]

No clue...I got the springs/shocks combo for under $550
[right][snapback]202751[/snapback][/right]

which spring set are you running the 60/40 or 35/50?? how do you like it?

im waiting on a quote form local parts place on the AGX's and FK's if they can get them.

60/40. Its a firm ride, I like them better than the eibach prokit I had on them, found that setup to bouncy.
For All your FK Needs Go Here,
Thier in Barrie Ont.

I paid 600 tax in For my 35-40mm Full FK kit.

Easy guys to deal with to.
Chromey,Aug 18 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:For All your FK Needs Go Here,
Thier in Barrie Ont.

I paid 600 tax in For my 35-40mm Full FK kit.

Easy guys to deal with to.
[right][snapback]202956[/snapback][/right]

thats funny, they dont seem to reply to my email

SHM Suspension kit.

Done.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 19 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:SHM Suspension kit.

Done.
[right][snapback]203043[/snapback][/right]

already have FK springs
+ matched dampers= DONE
lol

ZX5focused,Aug 19 2006, 11:18 PM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Aug 19 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:SHM Suspension kit.

Done.
[right][snapback]203043[/snapback][/right]

already have FK springs
+ matched dampers= DONE
lol
[right][snapback]203061[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Guess some people don't read so well. :P
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Oh I read just fine...but I'm such a fan for the kit, that I plug it every chance I get...lol
I know 2 people that had their GR2's crap out within 2 years!!

AGX are 8 pos adjustable but i have no experience with them!
My dad had GR2's on his Saab 900, and they didn't even last a year. They worked great when they were new, but the ride and response went downhill pretty quick. On his Topaz he runs Gabriel Ultra Ryder HD high pressure gas shocks and struts, and they make the car handle really well...
ya im not going GR2s. i jsut remember some people saying you 'could' run them if you wanted.

i still havent gotten any response to the 2 places i emailed. i might just wait til the spring thouhg, i havent decided yet.

it will definitely by the FK springs or the AGX's though.

My personal suggestion would be Koni Yellow adjustables with 2 inch drop H&R race springs, that thing will stick like glue to the road , however you'll feel EVERYTHING , which for me is great , i like that , other people might not like feeling what its like to run over an ant on the road though lol
Besides coilovers , this is the best suspension combination for the focus out there , and you can adjust them to be softer or firmer

My 2 cents worth....
Konis are almost like having a psychic inside those little suspension tubes, amazing suspension, not to mention koni has a great warranty program , i bent a strut and the replaced it no problem, 1 yr warranty

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  shocks/ struts/springs adamzx5 0 1,332 12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Tokico D-spec Shocks & Struts microbunny 13 3,786 01-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Last Post: microbunny
  Struts & Shocks Options ! Steeda Boy 0 1,077 04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Steeda Boy