Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ps2 Repair
Looking for someone reputable to fix my ps2... I think my motor went as the ps2 still turns on and goes to the menu screen... but when you put a game it it just doesnt spin...

Anyways.. If someone can point in towards the right direction that would be appreciated ...

Its the smaller slim ps2s (Model 70011) and the person fixing it would have to ignore the mod chip..

Thanks.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Lots of places repair PS2's. as for the mod chip. Thats not there buisness as there not doing anything illegal.
And yes. The read head motor probibly burnt out. Been a common issue with the new PS2.
2000 ZX3
not worth to repair that, throw it to the garbage. i got a brand new one for 110$ a futureshop a month ago
2001 Focus SE Sport, Automatic
[Image: 24070_7026.jpg]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/focusgold
I just looked up prices to replace the drive... at $60+ shipping for a couple of the sites, probably be easier to just buy a new one (alhtough you'd have to resolder the mod chip and whatnot into the new one).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
The hassle with buying a new one to replace the old one is that Sony occassionally makes running changes to the HW internally (Often to foil "mod chips") so even if he was able to get the old chip out, no guarantee it would work in the new unit.

NefCanuck
I find motor drives for 25 bucks + shipping online... I dont think its that nessissary I get a new one... If I did I would rip this one apart for parts and ebay all those.

Look.. this guy seems to have the cheapest...

http://store.richspsxparts.com/ve12s.html

I emailed him and I might just buy the part and fix it myself. Ps2 is already sitting here opened up and I have no problem playing with things inside it...
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Dan, I asked arround about repairing ps/2s and one guy responded with an estimated repair fee of $60... thats still a heck of a lot cheaper than the price focusgold2001 quoted you with.. he doesnt have a store, he does it out of his house for cash no tax, so its a pretty good deal if you ask me. I'm going to ask tomorrow @ work,
My other ride is your Mom
too bad it's already been cracked open. An unmolested PS2 can be returned to eb games and then used to buy a new one for less than the cost of parts and labour.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jul 17 2006, 06:54 PM Wrote:too bad it's already been cracked open.  An unmolested PS2 can be returned to eb games and then used to buy a new one for less than the cost of parts and labour.
[right][snapback]197897[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't EB games require that the PS2 be in "working" condition when you trade it in on a deal like that? Or are they that desperate to make sales that they'll take anything?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 18 2006, 10:37 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jul 17 2006, 06:54 PM Wrote:too bad it's already been cracked open.  An unmolested PS2 can be returned to eb games and then used to buy a new one for less than the cost of parts and labour.
[right][snapback]197897[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't EB games require that the PS2 be in "working" condition when you trade it in on a deal like that? Or are they that desperate to make sales that they'll take anything?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197938[/snapback][/right]

I've returned non-functional ps2's to them.. they don't give you as much money for them, but the price difference isn't so bad.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jul 18 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:I've returned non-functional ps2's to them.. they don't give you as much money for them, but the price difference isn't so bad.
[right][snapback]197941[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, 'cause I have one of the last "big" PS2's that didn't have built in network capability. Not that I have many games that would use it, but it would be nice to have the option... of getting smack talked at by 14 year olds as they school my @$$ <_<

That brings to mind a question, are any of the PS2's USB based accessories gonna be compatable with the PS3? I'd hate to have to re-buy accessories just to use my PS2 games with those accessories.

NefCanuck
Lemme know about your guy Paolo when you hear from him... Else I know someone downtown but not sooo trustworthy... and the guys that installed my chip would do it for me but hes at Pacmall and thats far... :(

Nef.. I would imagine so... look at the controllers and how they worked.. Sonys usually been pretty good with that, but then again, you never know 100%.

The usb headsets though break every 6 months if you use them alot... ha ha.. not sure if Id even transfer mine if they came out with something that DIDNT break...
tdot-zx3,Jul 18 2006, 11: Wrote:Lemme know about your guy Paolo when you hear from him... Else I know someone downtown but not sooo trustworthy... and the guys that installed my chip would do it for me but hes at Pacmall and thats far... :(

Nef.. I would imagine so... look at the controllers and how they worked.. Sonys usually been pretty good with that, but then again, you never know 100%.

The usb headsets though break every 6 months if you use them alot... ha ha.. not sure if Id even transfer mine if they came out with something that DIDNT break...
[right][snapback]198031[/snapback][/right]

I don't use the headsets much, I'm into the mics for Karaoke Revolution (No better way to liven up a dull party than watching people try to belt out music they have no hope in hell of getting right :lol:)

NefCanuck