Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Rid Of The Srt-4
Flofocus,Jul 5 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jul 5 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:My SVT didnt even get 25mpg on the highway...

Not to mention teh 300c is a luxury car... not an econobox. People who drive those cars generally arent looking for a commuter car that gets insane gas milage.
[right][snapback]196462[/snapback][/right]

Espcially when it runs mid to low 13's and has over 400Hp. :rolleyes: :lol:
[right][snapback]196467[/snapback][/right]

IT MUST BE EFFICENT WHILE DOING SO...

:lol:

Its too bad they couldnt give the 6.1 MDS.... Unfortunatley the 6.1 averages like 17mpg highway 13mpg City.

Vs the 5.7 - 17mpg City 22-25 HWY
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
:rolleyes:

This IS FocusCanada.net, not InsaneGasGuzzlers.net... last I checked.

They're nice cars, but 6.1L in a daily driver? Puh-lease.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 5 2006, 01:08 PM Wrote::rolleyes:

[right][snapback]196481[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, its not ImodmycarforbestMpg.net. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
LOL, I mod my car as my tastes and budget see fit. Also, it's still a Focus.

And, for the Nth time, I readily admit that had I known a tad more about them, I would have bought one with a Zetec.

Happy?

And it's significantly improved over stock, yet retains great mileage. Why is that an issue?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I guess you'll be even more offended when chrysler Releases the challenger with the 6.4 hemi

Or the SRT-10 ram. That currently gets 8mpg

and, this is only an issue because you make it an issue.

Instead of saying congrats, nice car... or not saying anything. You Criticize the man for buying the car he wants just because you dont see it being economical.
05 Altima SE-R
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 5 2006, 07:47 AM Wrote:That's a weird trait.

Nice wheels, although with gas still largely overpriced I wonder why folks willingly bypass a more-efficient offering in the same car and move to the "bend over" selection of engines.

That said, I loved driving the one we had for the wedding last year... with the 3.5L V6. Except the handling. Cornering by Moo Moos Inc. has to go.
[right][snapback]196434[/snapback][/right]

And where exactly was the "criticism"? Oh right, there wasn't any. There was honest curiosity that I believed was well-founded upon good fiscal sense and the current state of the economy as regards gas prices.

When you park it, it's the same damn car whether it has the 3.5 or the 6.whatever. The gas pump doesn't care, either... it'll happily sell you more than you would have used otherwise.

Also, note the first two words - nice wheels. :)

NOS2Go4Me,Jul 5 2006, 01:08 PM Wrote::rolleyes:

[right][snapback]196481[/snapback][/right]

No Criticisim

what do you call that
05 Altima SE-R
aaannnnnnnndddd were done!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]