Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiophile Svt - Tool
For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's. Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself? I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan
2002 SVT mostly stock...K&N, KVR Carbon Fibre Brakes, Steeda Short Shifter, Steeda Carbon Fibre Dash Kit and no DAMN orange blinkers!
Ryan,Apr 10 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's.  Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself?  I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan
[right][snapback]180245[/snapback][/right]

Canadian Tire or Wal-mart.

Ford radio removal tool.

They're about $3.00
Metal strapping works, cut lengthwise with tin snips. Just ask Oscar :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Ryan,Apr 10 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:For the 3rd time in 3 months, the 6-disk changer has jammed up and I'm getting embarassed going to Kromer all the time for them to take the unit out so I can maually remove all the CD's.  Does anyone where how I can get that funky little tool, so I can remove the deck myself?  I already tried coat hangers.
Thanks,
Ryan
[right][snapback]180245[/snapback][/right]

i would take mine in and get a brand new deck everytime that used to happen to me, then they'd just mail you back your cd's

warrenty is great :D i think i went through 5 or 6 decks all replaced for free
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I used those hobby screwdrivers that are made to fix glasses and small stuff. Just stick 4 of them in the little holes and pull them together and pull the deck out.
Thanks guys. Got the tool at Crappy Tire, $8.99...fixed.
2002 SVT mostly stock...K&N, KVR Carbon Fibre Brakes, Steeda Short Shifter, Steeda Carbon Fibre Dash Kit and no DAMN orange blinkers!