Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Subs
Well I am getting a good deal on these subs. I am getting 2 10" Alpine Type R subs and an alpine Type R box for $200. My buddy wants to upgrade to the Alpine Type X and I want to get rid of these amazing Jensen $20 subs.

I am not really a fan of alpine but I will give these things a try and see how they perform.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Nov 14 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:Well I am getting a good deal on these subs.  I am getting 2 10" Alpine Type R subs and an alpine Type R box for $200.  My buddy wants to upgrade to the Alpine Type X and I want to get rid of these amazing Jensen $20 subs. 

I am not really a fan of alpine but I will give these things a try and see how they perform.
[right][snapback]155878[/snapback][/right]

Well, I think Alpine is a little bit better than Jensen... :ph34r:
Turbo arrived!
Dude, you will not be disapointed, but be sure to give them enuff power. I have one 10", and it hits harden than my buddy's 2 12". SO you should like
Yeah..you'll be happy with those! Alpine type-r are some tight-ass subs

p.s. Jensen is GAY :lol:

You know who I'm talking too!!! :lol:
smith21,Nov 14 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:Dude, you will not be disapointed, but be sure to give them enuff power. I have one 10", and it hits harden than my buddy's 2 12". SO you should like
[right][snapback]155901[/snapback][/right]
that is the worst generalization ever.

the type r is a phenomenal price vs. performance sub. a friend of mine has a single 12" type r that is hitting 149.xx on the new TL on 2400 watts. very pleasant surprise as he got it for $120 after shipping. the type r also sounds fairly decent as well. now at rms, the type x sounds much better than the type r (both in terms of spl and in terms of sonic quality), but the type x is also much more expensive.

good luck with it! what are your enclosure plans?
Well I have a Bassworx box that I am gonna use for now. It should suffice as its the same dimensions as the stock Type S box my buddy has in his golf with his 2 10" Type S's. That should do the job for the time being until I can build a box.
microbunny,Nov 14 2005, 07:41 PM Wrote:Yeah..you'll be happy with those! Alpine type-r are some tight-ass subs

p.s. Jensen is GAY :lol:

You know who I'm talking too!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]155902[/snapback][/right]

Jensen RAINES gayness. :ph34r:
Punk0Rama,Nov 15 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:
smith21,Nov 14 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:Dude, you will not be disapointed, but be sure to give them enuff power. I have one 10", and it hits harden than my buddy's 2 12". SO you should like

the type r is a phenomenal price vs. performance sub. a friend of mine has a single 12" type r that is hitting 149.xx on the new TL on 2400 watts. very pleasant surprise as he got it for $120 after shipping. the type r also sounds fairly decent as well. now at rms, the type x sounds much better than the type r (both in terms of spl and in terms of sonic quality), but the type x is also much more expensive.

[right][snapback]156058[/snapback][/right]

umm, and the 2 12" that i was talking about weren't alpines, they were the pioneer ones i think maybe kenwood, not too sure.
I have a type r 12 and it roxorz
Run your car, not your mouth
smith21,Nov 15 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:
Punk0Rama,Nov 15 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]156058[/snapback][/right]

umm, and the 2 12" that i was talking about weren't alpines, they were the pioneer ones i think maybe kenwood, not too sure.
[right][snapback]156133[/snapback][/right]
sorry, the only part that applied to what you said was the first sentence. the rest was address to the original poster. sorry for the confusion.
Well I plan on powering these subs with my KAC 929. my buddy had 2 Type S 10" alpine subs and he was feeding them with his Kenwood 650 X4 and it was loud so I figure this KAC 929 which is a 1000watt max, 460watts RMS @ 4ohm 700watts RMS @ 2ohm...it should have no problems making those subs dance. Heres hoping for loudness. If no loudness then I plan on buying a Soundstream 1500D to knock some sense into these bad boys.
Either that, or keep your exsisting amp and get more efficient subs...lol

Best of luck to ya either way
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
The price was right so you can't go wrong really, expecially if the box is built properly and nothing has been abused you'll be golden.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Well, i have a stock cd stereo and 4 6x8 speakers......so blah on you all
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Jan 12 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:Well, i have a stock cd stereo and 4 6x8 speakers......so blah on you all
[right][snapback]164737[/snapback][/right]

Did you at least get the deck upgraded to the one that plays mp3's? :P

NefCanuck