Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamat
Okay I need some help. I'm gonna fully line the interior of my truck with some sound deadener. I want silence!! I don't know what to use. Dynamat extreme seems to be the best but it also costs mega bux. Does anyone have any experience with these types of products? I could use some advice. There are too many to choose from and I dunno :unsure: what to do...

Also anyone got any of this stuff to sell??
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I heard the stuff they use under roofing shingles is supposed to do the same thing. I think it's called brown bread or something retarded like that. Dynamat is extremely overrated in my opinion. I mean if you drive with the windows open then you've defeated the purpose.
the stuff they use on roofs is ice and water shield. It's a very heavy tar like material that should help deaden the sound. But don't take my word. I just use it in roofing.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
dynamat is good but , cascade, gatorskin, and and other buryl products are all the same idea..

Cascade is what I used and I like it cause it is as good as dynamat but less than half the thinkness!!
Yeah brownbread works well.

Google it. There are tons of places to get it.
OK here is how you make your own.

Black shingle tar. You know the s**t im talking about.

And Aluminum tape. You take strips of tape and put them together to make a Sheet. Make it as big as you need it then put the black tar s**t on it and stick it to where you want it. Keeping in mind the tar you need mu be SETTING tar or you will have a problem. Also this means it will never come off.
2000 ZX3
The biggest pain in the ass when using dynamat is molding it exactly to shape in tight areas when it's warm. It does NOT like moving or adjusting, so you'll probably have to lay down more, smaller pieces as opposed to larger ones in some areas.

I've used the original Dynamat sparingly, never had a problem.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I already have 2 layers of blueskin foundation sealer on everything. its heavy, thick and really stuck on there. I found not much difference. I need some good sound deadener because it is affecting my hearing. My truck is plenty quiet but there is a resonance between 1200-1400 rpm and that is where I usually run the engine. I've added the quietest mufflers you can buy, still the resonance. I'm thinking it is the frequency that the Aluminum cab likes thus making it worse. I don't hear any road noise and hardly any engine noise. It's just the resonating. No one hears it but me. I also sit in there 10 hrs a day. I think I'm gonna have to spring for the Dynamat. I've never had much luck with products that claim to be better for less money. They all compare themselves to Dynamat so it must be the best. Why else would they compare to it?

Prolly Is not a word
I used dynamat in my 85 Mazda GLC...made a huge difference...but it was time consuming to install, and was a bit pricey, but that, combined with some speaker fiberfill (the white stuff) filling the quarter panels and inside the hatch, it reduced my noise a lot...it made my stereo louder, and sound cleaner. In some areas, I used rubberized undercoating and rocker guard too...that seemed to help cut down on road noise and vibration. I used tar-backed insulation and rubberized undercoating on the floorboards too.

I wonder if any of this stuff could work for you?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Try spray foaming the gaps.

Then use duct tape(the aluminum stuff)

Dynamat sounds like the way to go Bluetoy.
e-dead!

http://www.edesignaudio.com

cheap + awesome.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Got 3 bulk packs of Dynamat extreme from E-bay for 93 USD each. 27 pieces to do the cab.... Should be lots. Maybe 2 layers in spots. Can't be too quiet for my liking.

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Aug 10 2005, 10:04 PM Wrote:Got 3 bulk packs of Dynamat extreme from E-bay for 93 USD each. 27 pieces to do the cab.... Should be lots. Maybe 2 layers in spots. Can't be too quiet for my liking.
[right][snapback]131383[/snapback][/right]

Trucks are so bad for noises like your having, travelling in my uncle's transports at certain speeds it nice and quiet and at different speeds yah just wanna jump out the window :angry:
My Mom Says I'm Special