Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sub Box
Well got most of it done. Need to do some minor fixes with the carpet. Just gotta hot glue the edges down that were hard to get with the spray glue.

Also plan on building a amp rack so the amp will sit at an angle above the sub.

Plain and simple! Cheap to do to. Just takes time. I also have a hidden cubby hole built in with a flip up door. Cant even tell in the pics its there.

[Image: steroe_1003.jpg]

[Image: steroe_1005.jpg]
Wow, that's exactly what I was planning but after I lost a tire that time on the way home from montreal I decided to leave the spare. Looks uber clean. Good work Jay... get a grille for a it tho..
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
How does something like that sound?

Would it pound?

Idunno.
It pounds pretty good. Under neath evereything the sub sits in its very own sealed box. Got every thing dynomatted.
VERY Clean. I love it!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It looks awsome. It woudl be nice for me until the one time the wife does groceries and tosses a bag right on it... :rolleyes:

It does look clean tho!
nice job, looks great!
Dan
Looks hot Jason!
Even when working in the truck i had to remind myself where the sub was so I didnt drop a tool on it.

Im going ot have to go by a sub cover/ring thingy
That's exactly what the boy wants Jay. nice work. Will have to provide some insight when he's ready to do it himself.

Nice work
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Looks very nice and clean. I wanted to do something like that but then I realized I'd rather keep my spare tire and some ability to haul crap in the back of my car.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
looks really good. did you glass that, or just wood? how much did you raise the floor, or if any? Now you need to buy a real sub. hehe sorry im anti alpine.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
LOL I swear by Alpine and MB Quart :D

I raised the floor the height of a 2x4. Everything is all dynomatted. I did have a fiberglass setup but honestly its a waste of extra money.

The sub sounds amazing. Much better then that old shitty sub box I had. Before you could here the bass hitting the back end and now it feels more like it gets around the whole car.

I will post more pics when its 100% done.
GlennH,Jun 10 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:Now you need to buy a real sub. hehe sorry im anti alpine.
[right][snapback]113755[/snapback][/right]

ZX3TUNR,Jun 11 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:LOL I swear by Alpine and MB Quart :D

[right][snapback]113757[/snapback][/right]

I'd have to agree with ZX3TUNR, MB Quart and Alpine have done me no wrong. My Type X 12 is fantastic
ive listened to so many subs in many different boxes, and i was into spl at that time, i can never have a sealed box anymore. slot port box, 3cu with a monster sub. I know alpine's type s, r, x series is well priced for value, but there's subs out there that can preform x2 better for equal or less value if you do your homework. I know alot of people sware by the W7 or the L7, IMO are good subs. Look into IDMAX, Onyx, Adire, RE etc... awesome spl, sql subs for great prices. Another reason why i hate alpine is their amps... that digital s**t blows for tuning, i like the old school screw driver turn the dial. hehe prefrences man, we all got diff. tastes.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I got a good deal on my setup, my main choices for subs were either an L7 or Type X, and there are alot of L7's running around here so it was nice to have something a little different. I am not dissappointed with the sub, i started off with it in a sealed box, but this spring I put it into a slot ported box, and it impressed me even more. As for amps, I haven't tried Alpine amps, I am running with Rockford Power amps, and they seem to match well. The sub hits hard and is incredibly clean.