Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Paint
Do we have to go to the dealer or a body shop to get our paint colours or does Crappy Tire carry them? I am looking for twilight blue (AKA MK).
Go to a body shop supply company.

I had a custom spray bomb made up with the Focus paint code yellow for about $25.
custom paint shop well be much cheaper than a dealer or crappy tire .. as yellow zx3 said about $25 for a spray can or if you have a gun you can usually pick up pints for abour $16-18

If anyone is interested in some CD Silver paint i'm getting about 2 pints and well probably have some left over, or if youd like some small things painted. we can work something out
Below Average Car Club
schade,Feb 1 2005, 11:31 PM Wrote:custom paint shop well be much cheaper than a dealer or crappy tire .. as yellow zx3 said about $25 for a spray can or if you have a gun you can usually pick up pints for abour $16-18

If anyone is interested in some CD Silver paint i'm getting about 2 pints and well probably have some left over, or if youd like some small things painted. we can work something out
[right][snapback]82623[/snapback][/right]

I dont know where you got your info, but buying paint at CT will be cheaer. No way Im paying $25 for a spray can. For that price, I'd have the paint made, then I'd use an actual gun to put it on. Dupont Car paint cost $55/gallon. There spray cans are $9.99 at CT.

Malby, I looked for your paint code at CT, but I couldnt find it. I may have to order it or something. :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
the paint that CT sells isn't as close a match as what you would get if you were to go to a paint supply store and the quality of the paint isn't nearly as good .. so it all comes down to the quality of the finish your after.

you get what you pay for
Below Average Car Club
Done with $10 spray can. Pretty close if you ask me.

[Image: DSCF0220.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
MAlby7,Feb 2 2005, 02:51 AM Wrote:Do we have to go to the dealer or a body shop to get our paint colours or does Crappy Tire carry them?  I am looking for twilight blue (AKA MK).
[right][snapback]82614[/snapback][/right]

I picked up 3 cans of twilight blue at Crappy Tire. Can't recall the cost, but it was pretty cheap.

I used the paint to touch up under the hood where the Attack of the Grinder butchered the paint. matched up perfectly as far as I could tell.

[edit] just grabbed a can, says on the sticker that the part # s 47-2700-2

Code:
47-2700-2
FM 88-91 7F,MK
TWGHT BLUE MC
BLEU MC

[/edit]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I think the point is at the paint shop they will give you the EXACT color mixed as per the paint code.

I also have never had good luck from crappy tire paint.
Quote:I also have never had good luck from crappy tire paint.

Same here...

Its why I went the custom spray can route. They can also put clear coat in the paint also, doesn't work nearly as nice as an actual clear sprayed after the paint is dry though.