Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS ONE!
As I've stated before, the Ford Focus is a of a better QUALITY than a Hyundai. I looked at both the Elantra and the Focus, and decided to pay more, and get less. However, the quality of the interior of the Focus was far above the Elantra. The Hyundai looked like plastic, the Focus didn't. I decided that the most time spent is in the vehicle, not looking at the bank balance and seeing how much I saved, and hating every moment of driving a cheap plasticky ( I know, it's not a word ) looking interior. I'm sure that Ford will price the ST where it should be. Just think of all the money you won't be spending modifying your Focus, once you've bought the ST
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
lol, if anything, you'll spend more modifying it!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I dont get the 3 door thing. Imo its usless, it would have looked the same if they poped another door on the other side.
Not sure how many of you have me on FB, but in the fall I drove a non-turbo Veloster from home to my camp and back, posted a few pics. It NEEDS a turbo to move. It has one of the narrowest powerbands I've ever driven. The clutch and gearbox are decent (6-speed manual!) and the brakes are willing, but the suspension needs more damping and a little bit tighter rebound control.

Overall, as a starter sport compact it's a good ride - once the turbo shows. Otherwise, it's a neat-looking, gas-saving hatch with no real soul or enjoyment to it off the line. At speed, it's livable.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The new Sonata and Elantra are great cars... the only thing that matches them or trumps them in the rental lot are the Fusion and Taurus.

Dodge and Chevrolet really missed the mark with the Impala, Malibu and Avenger (hell, any dodge with an automatic is a tragic thing to drive).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

If the ST is in my ballpark(msrp) i plan on leaving it stock looking besides a CF oem hood. Mods will include nothing more then said BPU upgrades. Intake, Exhaust, tune/boost controller. love to be at the 300 mark with these. i think these are easy numbers to hit for say $2500 max in mods.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
I don't even think it would take $2500 to hit 300WHP. Just need to find out if the internals will take it. Armchair science says they /should/, but you never know.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(01-20-2012, 10:18 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: I don't even think it would take $2500 to hit 300WHP. Just need to find out if the internals will take it. Armchair science says they /should/, but you never know.

The Ecoboost seem to be strong engines, and with boosted cars there is always a little room from the factory to squeeze a few more ponies. As long as nothining changes the 2.0eco uses a k03 low inertia turbo that is seems to be limited to 300hp as seen in the Radical SR3 SL. I would expect factory boost to be around 1 bar or 14.7psi and to hit that magic 300mark look for 1.5bar or roughly 22psi.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

That's about what it cost me to get the wrx to 300whp.
(01-21-2012, 01:55 AM)Flofocus Wrote: That's about what it cost me to get the wrx to 300whp.

Cobb access port, DP + exhaust, CAI, and injectors/fuel pump or new TMIC?
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

Turbo, Fuel injectors and pump, TBE, STI TMIC, and a tune from Tonik.

(01-21-2012, 03:09 AM)Flofocus Wrote: Turbo, Fuel injectors and pump, TBE, STI TMIC, and a tune from Tonik.

What turbo did u go with?
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merch...=WRX-Turbo
Nice selection Nate!

needs a retune since I got my new clutch and I can actually hold the power now, but I haven't had time to leave my car with my tuner..
Thats a sweet snail. Never even herd of or seen that before but damn! Great torque numbers all the way through.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

ur better off buying civic Si for the same amount of power... sure the hyundai have more torque, but I Rather have civic si than that.
no thanks, I'd rather have the torque.
(01-24-2012, 12:34 AM)Flofocus Wrote: no thanks, I'd rather have the torque.

+1. I love torque. That's one of the main reasons I can stand my car right now with the factory cam - the midrange torque to go with my short gearing.