Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sun roof issues
does anyone know how much it cost to fix the sun roof ?, I've had issues with mine since I got my car, when I press the button to open the sun roof it doesn't open fully and it will jam up and in order for me to close it I have to hold the button down
(03-15-2012, 05:05 AM)rnzo86 Wrote: does anyone know how much it cost to fix the sun roof ?, I've had issues with mine since I got my car, when I press the button to open the sun roof it doesn't open fully and it will jam up and in order for me to close it I have to hold the button down

Is it the factory sunroof or aftermarket?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
factory
(03-15-2012, 05:05 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 05:05 AM)rnzo86 Wrote: does anyone know how much it cost to fix the sun roof ?, I've had issues with mine since I got my car, when I press the button to open the sun roof it doesn't open fully and it will jam up and in order for me to close it I have to hold the button down

Try this first ... if it doesn't work, you may have a mechanical issue and we'd need pics to help you with that.

Relearning Function (2002 Focus Owners Manual pg. 100)

- Lift the rear of the sunroof as far as possible. Release the switch.

- Press and hold the same switch again for 30 seconds until you see the sunroof move.

- Release the switch and immediately press and hold it again. The sunroof will close, open fully, and then close again. DO NOT release the switch before the sunroof has reached the closed position for the second time.

If the switch is not pressed continuously, the relearning function will be interrupted. Start the procedure once more from the beginning.

(03-15-2012, 05:08 AM)rnzo86 Wrote: factory
(03-15-2012, 05:05 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
hey here's a video of the sunroof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW3nUwbMk...e=youtu.be
Try these guys out

http://www.totalsunroofs.com/webasto.html
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

[sarcasm]Out here in Saskatchewan, we dig holes out on the back forty. We call the holes dugouts and we expect them to fill with water. They do. In town we dig holes in the ground. We call them basements and we expect them not to fill with water. They do.

Cut a hole in a waterproof roof on our cars and you expect it not to leak. But it does. I have never understood the reasoning behind a sun roof or moon roof. You create an opening which will leak, not may, will. If that was not enough you weaken the structural integrity of the car. For what? [/sarcasm]
(Sorry for the sarcasm.)
i wish my car didnt have a sunroof, i find i keep it shut most of the time. My old 240 had a leaking sunroof as well and i hated it. If i have my choice my next car wont have a sunroof. I hope it doesnt cost you too much to fix the roof
(03-16-2012, 02:00 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: [sarcasm]Out here in Saskatchewan, we dig holes out on the back forty. We call the holes dugouts and we expect them to fill with water. They do. In town we dig holes in the ground. We call them basements and we expect them not to fill with water. They do.

Cut a hole in a waterproof roof on our cars and you expect it not to leak. But it does. I have never understood the reasoning behind a sun roof or moon roof. You create an opening which will leak, not may, will. If that was not enough you weaken the structural integrity of the car. For what? [/sarcasm]
(Sorry for the sarcasm.)

I know what your saying and I love that saying too lol

I had my since 05 and never seen a leak ever. Even when your in a car wash with a sprayer for the roof that was designed to strip paint Exclamation and not even a drop came through. Some are good and some are bad. Beware
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

maintenance is the key really. people forget/dont know there are tubes for drainage usually in all for corners that can get filled with road crap and debris. They need a good blast with compressed air every once and awhile. a bit of silicon lube on the rubbers wouldnt hurt any either Tongue.