Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
massive udp kit
i recently went to install my udp kit and noticed it doesn't have timing marks, can anyone explain? thanks Smile
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(03-18-2013, 09:48 AM)jtdanks Wrote: i recently went to install my udp kit and noticed it doesn't have timing marks, can anyone explain? thanks Smile

On a Zetec engine the udp usually drives the serpentine belt that runs things like the alternator, water pump, AC, etc.

A separate timing belt runs the dual cam shafts which are usually hidden behind a cover.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
i understand but one guy that was helping me do it, was saying i shouldn't install it because timing marks arn't there
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

You don't even have to remove your timing belt so it won't matter. You just gotta remove the crankshaft pull bolt. Replace the crankshaft pulley with the udp. Throw the udp on. Torque the bolt back down and put everything back together.. Easy peasy.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
haha nvm i re read Smile so does anyone have advise on the massive kit?

awesome thanks
red 00' zx3 daily driven

The accessory motors on the serpentine belt don't have to be timed to anything, they just require spin. When you put on a UDP they will actually spin at a slower rate than the stock pulley, but make your engine feel like it can rev easier.
I had a UDP setup before my supercharger setup and did not worry about lining up either pulley.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Is it the crank pulley or Waterpump and power steering pulleys?
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
It came with three pieces and the one I'm assuming is crank, sits too deep
red 00' zx3 daily driven

Dont worry about the timing marks on the crank pulley, they are essentially useless. The timing belt pulley/cog (located behind the crank pulley) has the marks you really need when setting timing/changing the belt. Even those marks are only used to make sure the pin you insert into the block to rest the crank against when doing the belt is on the correct stroke.