Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alt choice to exedy stage 2 clutch
Its on backorder until the end of the year and since september!!

So!

I need an alternate choice to it before the car goes away for winter. The shop its at says the parking patrol wants the car gone before snowfall. So i cant wait much longer bwfore i need to tow the car away before they do!

Whatever clutch i get will be going in with an AASCO flywheel.

Can anyone make a solid recommendation? Most of you know my plans and the cars history of abuse. As always, many thanks!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
bully clutch
hand made to order
and best of all canadian
made in ottawa

let me know...ill get your a price
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I was originally quoted a stage 2 from bully but i intentionally steered away from them.

What do you recommend from them? And price?

Edit: im now realising that ottawa clutch is also bully performance!
yes ottawa clutch is also bully performance lol Tongue

if you wen stage 2 for exedy i can price you out a stage 2 for bully
if you dont mind can you PM me the price bully quoted you when you contacted them
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Bully stg 2 is not the same as exedy stage 2. Its closer to bully stg 3 or even 4 vs exedy stg 2 id think.
ok well heres the question. how much TQ are you putting down? that will decide the right clutch
Instagram @o_so_slo
I ran stock MTX-75 clutch on 200whp/190tq no issues, I did swap to a spec stage 3 clutch after a year or so and the guys said my original still had lots of life left.

Unless your pushing huge low end torque any stage 1/2 is going to do you fine in my eyes. What I think matters most is the # of pucks and how smooth of an engagement it is.
I ended up going with the a bully stage 4, 4 puck.

I would've loved to wait another year or two to do the clutch but since it happened now, what I would've done then gets done now instead.

My fingers are crossed that the car remains drivable.

The eventual plan is turbo, 300-400hp. Not sure how much torque that'll get me to.
exact same clutch i have on my car and kens car.. i love it.
should have let me know. could of possibly got you a better deal. we are an autherized bully dealer.
Instagram @o_so_slo
I ended up getting it for 470+ tax. I ended up just getting it from them directly since they're both manufacturer and who I got the flywheel from. That and they deal directly with CT on Carling so it was just easier. Also, CT was pressuring me to get them a clutch.

Funnily enough, still don't have the car back. They got busy and car has sat there since. I'm in no rush though and they know it.

Lately I've been starting to have 2nd thoughts about the clutch and flywheel combo... that it'll be too heavy of a clutch on too light of a flywheel with not enough power behind it all making it not very drivable.
You wouldn't believe it but a couple hours after that post^ they called me and told me the car was finally done. I must've jinxed it the right way or something cause it'd been 3 months and they had been sitting on the parts for bout 5 weeks.

Anyway... the bully stage 4 is quite the clamper! It's completely streetable beyond what I expected, idles dip down to 250~ sometimes so I'll use my SCT to bring idle to a higher setting from stock (stock is 650-750?). Chatter is virtually non-existent. At least, for now it is and I didn't hear anything once the car was warmed up.

Besides stalling because I'm afraid of being too rough with the clutch during break in, I love it! It's weird to start the car up and have the revs drop down almost instantly. Oh and the CFM dog bone racing mount wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.