Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective
I hope you were OK. Any idea how many liters used per 100KM on the old car?
LightAges,Jun 11 2008, 12:06 AM Wrote:I hope you were OK. Any idea how many liters used per 100KM on the old car?
[right][snapback]266494[/snapback][/right]

Still sore but alive. I got about 500km to a tank. it had the 2.3L engine in it, plus I drove the sh#t out of it, fun car I miss it alot.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Jun 10 2008, 10:27 PM Wrote:
LightAges,Jun 10 2008, 11:01 PM Wrote:My 7.5L/100km is calculated from fill up to fill up and distance traveled. Trip computers might be a little optimistic to make the buyer happier with the car.  But if you are driving a 2008, it might be that good as they are supposed to be better.
[right][snapback]266485[/snapback][/right]

Yah the distance to empty says I should get 680km when I only get620km, once it read 700km and I got 660km. I guess it estimates off the last fill up. The 08 are better on gas then the 06-07 durtec, at least thats what I was told. Over all I dont think you can find a better car for the price. Its good on gas they haddle great and they are dependable plus they hold up great in a crash.
[right][snapback]266486[/snapback][/right]

I found the explanation for the discrepancy for the Fusion and I'm betting the same applies for the Focus...

The Distance to Empty (DTE) number you get is a calculation based on your average fuel consumption for the last 500km. Do a lot of highway driving and your number is way high. Then turn around and do a fair bit of city driving and your numbers are forked...

Heck at one point after doing a whole whackload of city driving I then did a long leg of highway driving and my DTE went UP while I was driving :lol:

NefCanuck
And the same thing goes for the Escape. I can mess my DTE up six ways from Sunday with a dramatic shift in driving style.

Mind you, it's still wickedly better on gas than the RX-8. I would have had to fill by now this week but I still have a quarter tank left in the Escape.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 12 2008, 08:07 AM Wrote:And the same thing goes for the Escape. I can mess my DTE up six ways from Sunday with a dramatic shift in driving style.

Mind you, it's still wickedly better on gas than the RX-8. I would have had to fill by now this week but I still have a quarter tank left in the Escape.
[right][snapback]266631[/snapback][/right]

Ah but is the tank the same size? :lol:

In my case its the other direction, getting used to more frequent fill-ups than the Focus (pay to play and all that) though I think part of it is the "new carness" that has me going hither & yon, once that settles out...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 12 2008, 08:07 AM Wrote:And the same thing goes for the Escape. I can mess my DTE up six ways from Sunday with a dramatic shift in driving style.

[right][snapback]266631[/snapback][/right]

Ah but is the tank the same size? :lol:

In my case its the other direction, getting used to more frequent fill-ups than the Focus (pay to play and all that) though I think part of it is the "new carness" that has me going hither & yon, once that settles out...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266659[/snapback][/right]

Oddly enough, yes! They're both 62L tanks (16.5 gallons) and have about 50L of usableu" volume befoe you hit each car's respective reserve area. The only difference is in the Escape, the gas light comes on just after 40L have been consumed. DTE normally reads 80KMs at that point and filling at pretty much "E" nets you a 50-51L fill.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i reset my fuel econ average yesterday and found that stop and go traffic (0-30mph) on the highway gets me around 11mpg.. pretty much the same fuel economy as track driving