Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Handles (00-04)
anyone have 4 silver door handles for the focus 00-04? the zx3 or mazda tribute (02-04) will fit too. I already painted my handles silver myself but not pleased with the result and just want to get them professionally done or buy silver door handles.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
can't you just remove the paint job that you did, re-sand it down and try again?
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
lol thats what I would do
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
yeah but it is a huuuuuge pain in @ss to undo the door panels and all the screws in small places and the self-paint-job is no where close to the quality of professionally done door handles. The paint is easily chipped off or scratched from the weather (ice / freezing rain) and it loses its shine.

The problem all started when mazda bascially told me they had em painted and ready for me but when they ordered it only the CAPS came painted and the door handles i had to do myself so they reduced the price but i was stupid to still have taken the deal....i shoulda just got em done professionally from the get go.

cornflakes,Mar 22 2008, 11:21 PM Wrote:yeah but it is a huuuuuge pain in @ss to undo the door panels and all the screws in small places and the self-paint-job is no where close to the quality of professionally done door handles. 
[right][snapback]260403[/snapback][/right]

Well you still need to remove your old one before putting your new one on...Why not do it again and safe you some money.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
...the other thing is, i drive almost every day and to repaint them i might have to go a couple days without door handles LOL.

I really tried, i did and they are fine right now but i can tell already another winter and hot summer, the paints gonna start fading or chipping off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Clour Moldings And Door Handles ZX3Blake 0 1,133 06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Last Post: ZX3Blake