Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermostat Housing Leak
My '00 Zetec Wagon has developed a coolant leak recently and it appears to be coming from the thermostat housing. Has anyone else experienced a leak from the housing? The reason i ask is i want to get the parts ahead of time before i disable the car. Are they common for cracking the housing? Just an o-ring? Or do the bolts break for the housing?

Thanks,
Darren
The housing is made of plastic and it has a tendancy to leak. Mine has been replaced twice snice I have owned my car. You may as well replace the t-stat and o-ring while you are in there.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
This was a common problem.

The housing is about $75 from the dealer and you can do it yourself in about an hour.

Here are the instructions below:

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modi...=Replacing the thermostat and/or thermostat housing
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Feb 14 2010, 07:28 AM Wrote:This was a common problem.

The housing is about $75 from the dealer and you can do it yourself in about an hour.

Here are the instructions below:

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modi...=Replacing the thermostat and/or thermostat housing
[right][snapback]301389[/snapback][/right]

I picked mine up from a local parts store and the o ring gasket was included for $52.85 tax in.
[Image: car5-1.jpg]
a word of warning, the assembly on my '02 wagon was $180 everywhere I looked for it. same failure as all the other versions of the tstat housing. not sure if it was that year/production or all wagons but I was shocked when I was first quoted the price.
Thanks folks..this is the info i was looking for!!! Now i know what to expect!! :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Much Is A Thermostat Housing? Flofocus 4 2,395 04-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Last Post: redZX3