Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater And Wiper Not Working
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue. My heater fan and wipers are not working. I have been doing some online research and have come up with nothing at all. From thinking about it all I can come up with is that it is either a relay or common ground issue.

I don't have access to the service cd, but have the haynes manual and only briefly looked at it this morning. If anyone has any ideas, or experience on this issue I would really appreciate any feedback.

:(
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Fuse?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Is there a fuse that is for both of them? I don't know where my manual is and therefore don't have the diagram for the fuses and could not find a diagram online. Plus back in decemeber both the heater fan and wiper blades didn't work, but then aboput 2 mins later it all came back on. Then a week later I went to get something out of the car, and the heater fans were on without the key in the ignition, and that is one reason I am thinking that the relay might be gone.
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
Blackzx3,Jan 20 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Is there a fuse that is for both of them?  I don't know where my manual is and therefore don't have the diagram for the fuses and could not find a diagram online.  Plus back in decemeber both the heater fan and wiper blades didn't work, but then aboput 2 mins later it all came back on.  Then a week later I went to get something out of the car, and the heater fans were on without the key in the ignition, and that is one reason I am thinking that the relay might be gone.
[right][snapback]79763[/snapback][/right]

Isnt there a diagram right inside the fuse box? :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
LOL I dunno haha.. cars at home, and I'm not. will check later.
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
All fuses are intact.

From haynes manual it appears as if the only thing that should be common to the two systems is the ground. Otherwise it could be the Heater control module which could be causing a ground issue.

Does anyone know if there is a common grounding point inside the car. It is just too cold out to tinker around for extended periods of time.

Does the ford service cd have a description of what those relay looking things are in inside fuse box. Thinking one of those might be a problem, if so can someone post an image of that I don't have the service cd. AS well if the cd has a location for the heater control module.

Thanks
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
There was a recall on the 2000 & 2001 for the wiper cover. At first I didn't get it done then the wiper motor was going on mine because of the recall. It was all fixed under the warranty. The heater could be the blower is gone.

Vito B)
Present: 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
Titanium Grey, MTX, Brullen Exhaust
17" x 7" Enkei Evo 6 (Anthracite) with
Falken Ziex ZE-512

Previous: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3
with Jackson Racing Supercharger
Did this get resolved? My wifes '00 ZX3 heater blower just stopped today. I checked the 30A fuse under the hood and it was fine. Is there another relay? I could not see in the manual any fuse listed for the blower in the internal fuse block? Has anyone else had problems? Could it be the switch? Thanks, Peter
yamin,Feb 21 2006, 01:41 AM Wrote:Did this get resolved? My wifes '00 ZX3 heater blower just stopped today. I checked the 30A fuse under the hood and it was fine. Is there another relay? I could not see in the manual any fuse listed for the blower in the internal fuse block? Has anyone else had problems? Could it be the switch? Thanks, Peter
[right][snapback]171510[/snapback][/right]

In your case, its likely the resistor block/heater controls.
Thanks for the info. I checked today and there was power on both sides of the fuse in the block under the hood. It is probably like you said the switch because when you turn the fan switch on when in the defrost mode, there is no power going to the a/c nor the recirculating switch. Going to a dealer and will let you know what it was.

Update: checked at a friend's shop today and found that it was indeed the switch that was gone.