Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Car
guilty,Dec 11 2005, 12:21 PM Wrote:There's a couple good how-to's steedafocus.com did for springs here:

FRONT: http://www.steedafocus.com/installs/Spring...lFocusFront.htm
REAR: http://www.steedafocus.com/installs/Spri...lFocus.htm

The rears are actually a lot easier to do since you dont need spring compressors or anything.. the hardest part of mine was getting the rear sway bar to move out of the way to let the arms drop and release the springs.
[right][snapback]160404[/snapback][/right]

Excellent, thanks a bunch. Okay for another question. Does anyone have or know the torque values for these bolts? Front and Rears. Sounds silly yes, but overtorquing your bolts could lead to more damage later on.

thanks in advance
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Hey Flo...you thought the pro-kit was bouncy!??

My car is tight as hell....I love them~
microbunny,Dec 13 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:Hey Flo...you thought the pro-kit was bouncy!??

[right][snapback]160681[/snapback][/right]

I'm just speaking from comparing the FK to Pro-kit. Theyre was a big difference in stiffness between the 2.

Pro-kit was a lot better ride than stock fer sure.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Dec 13 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Dec 13 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:Hey Flo...you thought the pro-kit was bouncy!??

I'm just speaking from comparing the FK to Pro-kit. Theyre was a big difference in stiffness between the 2.

[right][snapback]160683[/snapback][/right]

Anything is better than stock!!! :lol:

So FK's are that good huh...? How are their coilover setups
I cant comment on the coilover since I just have the hitec kit.

But I do love them, I like the life time warranty they come with to. I've put 40 000Km's on them and havent had any issues whatsoever, then again, I had the Pro-kit on for 80K and again, no issues, just wanted something a little stiffer, and the GB on the FK hitec kits was to good to pass up. I read a lot on BMW & VW forums, all praising the FK kits. I figured if it was good enuff for the BMW, it would be good for the ol ford.

Cant comment on how either setup is in the snow though....I'm Justyfied yo!!! :lol:
Flofocus,Dec 13 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:Cant comment on how either setup is in the snow though....I'm Justyfied yo!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]160686[/snapback][/right]

My car is managing in the snow.....got stuck in my own parking lot at workk last week but that was in a big snow bank and it buried my front end.....I'm also still rocking the pirelli all-seasons....so...

for the most part the pro-kit has been good in the snow!
Love the sig bunny. :)
rollin on sportlines with no snow plow issues this year or last, I haven't scraped anything yet but I do have stock bumpers for now... the ride is not rough but I would strongly suggest getting upgraded struts cause even if your stock ones feel ok they won't be for long.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I have no problem with the 2" drop as well i never scraped anything ..... i've just gone back to stock for the winter however, just because i have a habit of finding deep drifts in my driveway and open parking lots :fluffy:

I agree with nass on the strut/shock upgrade.. it would compliment the springs much better.... what ones to go with??
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Dec 13 2005, 06:36 PM Wrote:I have no problem with the 2" drop as well i never scraped anything ..... i've just gone back to stock for the winter however, just because i have a habit of finding deep drifts in my driveway and open parking lots  :fluffy:

I agree with nass on the strut/shock upgrade.. it would compliment the springs much better.... what ones to go with??
[right][snapback]160740[/snapback][/right]

If your running eibach, I would go with eibachs shock/strut...since they deisgn theyre kit around it.
Hey Im not putting down FK I just ordered my rims from there 17*8 front and 17*9 back but anyways I guess the golf's shocks are gone I don't know but it bounces like those Hondas that have there stock springs cut.
My buddy Miro that owns Euroline gets parts from FK for his store FK is good, But I personley wounldn't go for the FK suspenstion.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Flofocus,Dec 13 2005, 10:48 PM Wrote:
Crazirich,Dec 13 2005, 06:36 PM Wrote:I have no problem with the 2" drop as well i never scraped anything ..... i've just gone back to stock for the winter however, just because i have a habit of finding deep drifts in my driveway and open parking lots   :fluffy:

[right][snapback]160740[/snapback][/right]

If your running eibach, I would go with eibachs shock/strut...since they deisgn theyre kit around it.
[right][snapback]160742[/snapback][/right]

in theory couldn't you opt for an adjustable strut and tailor it to suit your needs?

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
EUROFORDFAN:

[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]

Leda suspension set up. (Mucho $$$$)

DARKPUPPET:
[Image: IMG_0819.jpg]

Full SHM suspension (approx $1500.00)

AnthonyD:
[Image: IMG_0366.jpg]

Eibach Pro-kit ($300.00)
microbunny,Dec 13 2005, 02:26 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 13 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]160683[/snapback][/right]

Anything is better than stock!!! :lol:

So FK's are that good huh...? How are their coilover setups
[right][snapback]160684[/snapback][/right]

I like the coilovers. Haven't really had a chance to adjust it up and done, but they're set about midway and they're really nice. No probs in the snow either. The only reason i ended up with them tho is that i got them at an amazing price.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads