Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Starters
Has anyone had good or bad experiences with installing a remote starter on their Focus.

I am looking for a basic unit. So far I have looked at:

Compustar, Polarstart and Powerstart.

Any comments, prices etc.

Cheers.
got compustar, had it for about 3 years no problems. Love the range.
got the same unit for my gf's car as well. She has an auto and i've got the 5spd. as for prices. i'm not telling anyone anymore. haha. when i do everyone tells me i piad too much. But i would rather pay a bit more and have it done by a good place rather then some kid working in shop that has no clue how to do it properly.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I got the Compustar Alarm/Remote Start and I love it. The range is awsome..and the little remote is cool too. :lol:
Turbo arrived!
Ive got a Clifford Alarm Remote start, its great even with the 6 speed.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Compustars are a great product, and are great for range. I believe the am setups get about 1500' and the fm are going upwards of 5000'. Apparenty compustar does its r&d on the starters in Anchorage Alaska, so the should handle Canadian winters.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
I sell viper starters at my work. They always work awsome, great range and a lifetime warranty. And the warranty is not a cheese , if anything happens you get brand new parts not refurbished "B" stock.
i sell autostart units at my work. they have a 2000' range . i have one in my car and have not had a problem since i installed it.
I have looked closer at the Compustar.

Received 2 quotes for the installation of a basic starter with 2 remotes. Model # 1WAM-S. Including locks.

$364.00 and $370.00 plus taxes.

Comments please. About right or am I being overcharged. This being in Winnipeg so if anyone has any contacts please let me know.

Cheers.
Are the Canadian Tire ones that are on sale any good?

I know my Focus has an Autostart brand in it already. I want one for my Sable.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Nov 1 2005, 07:50 PM Wrote:Are the Canadian Tire ones that are on sale any good?

I know my Focus has an Autostart brand in it already. I want one for my Sable.

Ryan
[right][snapback]153046[/snapback][/right]

The canadian tire ones are pretty popular from what i can tell. The prostart ones B)
My Mom Says I'm Special