Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got A New Toy, But Need Some Suggestions......
Ok i just got this in the mail and can't decide where i want to put it.......

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Should i put it in the rear and have it function as a back up camera

OR would it be more fun to mount it in the front "cadilac style"??

What do you think? :D
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
In the bushes next to your hot neighbour's bedroom.
ANTHONYD,Aug 4 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:In the bushes next to your hot neighbour's bedroom.
[right][snapback]127837[/snapback][/right]

if i didn't work nights that might work <_<

But seriously..........?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I'd say mount it right behind the mesh on your rear bumper....mounted close enough to it, you shouldn't notice the camera much and it shouldn't notice the mesh much either.
I'd go rear mount, so you can sit at Timmies and spy on people. You'd be surprised what a wide-angle lens can pick up at random places.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
In the door of the glovebox...

Now insist the little lady wear a skirt everywhere.

Serously though.... In the front grille or the rear window.
ANTHONYD,Aug 4 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:In the door of the glovebox...

[right][snapback]127872[/snapback][/right]

Ps2 is going in the glove box soon :D

But the back window would be cool B) , get to check out poeple behind me while sitting at the lights :D
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Aug 4 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 4 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:In the door of the glovebox...

[right][snapback]127872[/snapback][/right]

Ps2 is going in the glove box soon :D

But the back window would be cool B) , get to check out poeple behind me while sitting at the lights :D
[right][snapback]127882[/snapback][/right]

What about a fender mount.

Like a suspension camera.

Idunno?
[/quote]

Idunno?
[right][snapback]127884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would be sweet if i had some way to record, but i think would be suited more for the autoXer's out there
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Pull out the rear wiper and put it in it's place
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)

Idunno?
[right][snapback]127884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would be sweet if i had some way to record, but i think would be suited more for the autoXer's out there
[right][snapback]127888[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I never thought of recording.

Sorry.

H'bout in one of the headlights?
I'd think the reflective glare would kill it. What about in the grille behind some clear Lexan to save the lens?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:I'd think the reflective glare would kill it. What about in the grille behind some clear Lexan to save the lens?
[right][snapback]127919[/snapback][/right]

Actually a camera mounted as close to the road would be neat.
if your not planning on putting fog lights in your cervini bumper, how about one of those open holes? Other wards, back window is my vote
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 4 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:if your not planning on putting fog lights in your cervini bumper, how about one of those open holes? Other wards, back window is my vote
[right][snapback]128072[/snapback][/right]

I thought of that too, but at closer look at the camera it only has a range for the night vision of 1-3m. So i think back window it is, unless i decide to have the hatch shaved....... :D
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
I bought one of those and I installed it on the back of my transam. I love it as I can't see anything out of the rear window of the car due to the previous owners 5% tint job and the super slant on the window. That camera rocks however the night vision part is useless if a car is following you as the IR part shuts down and it goes back into normal operation mode.

Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.