Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zex Wet Nitrous System
Hi guys,

I've been so confused with everything lately as to, what kind of MODS do I want to do to my car, and so far I've got about 7000$ to put in the car right now but I just don't feel like putting a Turbo or Supercharger, and then have no more $$$ to put towards something else. I've decided to build up my drivetrain and engine before applying BOOST to it.

Now, since Nitrous is so cheap, I've decided to put a kit in my car for this year, but I'm not sure which kit to purchase, but I've heard so many good things about ZEX that I think I'd get that one, but before I do, I just want to double check and make sure from the actual users that it is infact a good choice to go with. So all you Nitrous Oxide users, let me know what you think.

So far I've decided to put the following parts, let me know what you think and if something needs to be changed.

- Steeda Hi-Flo Fuel Rail
- Steeda Aluminum Flywheel
- Steeda Red SparkPlug Wires
- Steeda Camber Plates
- Steeda G-Stop Brake Lines
- Steeda 4-2-1 Race Header
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
- Pro-M 70mm MAF Unit Re-Calibrated to 42lbs Injectors
- 42lbs Injectors
- SCT Software and Chip (4-Bank)
- Konig Theory Opal 17x7 w/ Falken GB FK451 215/40/17
- EBC Rotors & EBC "Green-Stuff" Brake Pads
- Crane Cam Hi-6 Digital Ignition Control w/Timing Retard Control

----Mods already on the Car------

- AEM Cold Air Induction System
- Crane Cams Stage-II Camshafts
- Crane Cams Adjustable Cam Gears
- Nology Power Core Coil Pack Boosters
- Magnaflow 2.25 Cat-Back
- Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat
- Custom Factory Cat Eliminator Pipe w/Relocated O2
- Eibach Sportsline Springs
- SuperChip Custom Burned (SOLD)
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
I have installed both zex and nitrous experess. Go with a nitrous express. Its simple to use, easy to adjust and has no need for timing retard. People with the zex kit say WHEN it works right its a nice and easy system to use. That is about 30% of the time. Also i would say that your drivetraain is ready to see some boost. Drop the crane box and swich you centerforce with anther clutch.
<a href="http://www.apexmodified.ca" target="_blank" class="postlink">[Image: logo_phpBB.gif]

If NISMO is for Nissan Motor Sports, Then HOMO must be for Honda
Dude your making a mistake man

You dont need some of the parts and NOS is only good for a bit when I turbo or super is always there.

- Steeda Hi-Flo Fuel Rail ( you dont need this if your not running a turbo)
- Steeda Red SparkPlug Wires(Oem ones are fine)
- Steeda Camber Plates
- Steeda G-Stop Brake Lines
- Steeda 4-2-1 Race Header( if you go with a turbo this will be useless)
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
- Pro-M 70mm MAF Unit Re-Calibrated to 42lbs Injectors
- 42lbs Injectors
- SCT Software and Chip (4-Bank)
- Konig Theory Opal 17x7 w/ Falken GB FK451 215/40/17
- EBC Rotors &amp; EBC &quot;Green-Stuff&quot; Brake Pads

- AEM Cold Air Induction System (sell this)
- Crane Cams Stage-II Camshafts
- Crane Cams Adjustable Cam Gears
- Nology Power Core Coil Pack Boosters(I dont know what this is but I think Digital ignition does the same thing)
- Magnaflow 2.25 Cat-Back
- Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat
- Custom Factory Cat Eliminator Pipe w/Relocated O2
- Eibach Sportsline Springs

Turbo the car you have more then enough cash to do it plus rods, pistons the whole deal. Dont waste your money on stuff that wont function or you dont need, with the stuff you listed your gonna get small gains. If you went with a turbo for the money your spending on the small gains you could have a real fast car with big gains and more respect.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
ZEX has that cool bling bilng purge kit. Change the color when you spray :D
i'd have to agree that for 7k, you would be deep in the 13, high 12, if I was ordering for you, but each our own....

even with what you have right now, I think that if dyno tuned right your car could run a flat 15.

Those rims will cost you easily 1/2 a seconde, so consider yourself back at 16 seconde, then your few small mods might bring you back to 15.5.... 7k$ later.

thats not my 2 cents, its all my pocket change.

-Marc :blink:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Thats messed. 1/4 mile. Stock Zetec engine 16's baby.

After you do the work your next priority should be getting rid of useless weight (ie carbon fiber hood). I got to see an actual OEM style carbon fiber hood for the Focus and its a big difference in weight. Not only that get rid of the back seats.

Its all about weight.
See now, that's what pretty much everyone is telling. That all the stuff I'll be putting on my car is only gonna give me small gains. The thing is, I already know that I'm only gonna get small gains. The fact is that I'm not doing mods that will give me more power. I'm looking to put mods that will make my car a bit stronger.
By getting a better clutch, better tunning, better ignition better handling....and so on. My view on all of this is that I'll probably get another block and build it from the bottom and up. Then I'll through some Boost at it. I'd love to get my car to run 13's, hell I'd be happy with a 13.9 but I want my car to look good too. I've been wanting to put rims on it since I first for it, but never had the $$$.

My point with the ZEX is that first my car will only be comming out on the in June. Reason is that I had too many dawm tickets and my insurance in sky high. Since I got 7k to spend on my car, I'd want to put a Nitrous Kit so that I can enjoy some power once in a while, when I get the chance to. I can almost garantee that next year I'll be running 13's all day long, but then again next year is next year.

I could get rid of these since they're only Icing on the cake

- Steeda Hi-Flo Fuel Rail ( you dont need this if your not running a turbo)

But these, I'm keeping

- Steeda Red SparkPlug Wires [ Mine are damaged so I need new ones ]
- Steeda Camber Plates [ I need those for camber alignment once I put the rims on]
- Steeda G-Stop Brake Lines [ You can never brake fast enough ]
- Steeda 4-2-1 Race Header [ What tells you guys that I don't plan on going Superchared instead ??? ]
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch [ As if my stock one would last that long after I put FI ]
- Pro-M 70mm MAF Unit Re-Calibrated to 42lbs Injectors [ This is a good mod no matter what ]
- 42lbs Injectors [ same as the above ]
- SCT Software and Chip (4-Bank) [ same as the above ]
- Konig Theory Opal 17x7 w/ Falken GB FK451 215/40/17 [ This might not help my car in the 1/4 put it will help me in the curves for sure]
- EBC Rotors &amp; EBC &quot;Green-Stuff&quot; Brake Pads [ Once Again it's always good to know that you can stop quicker after a run ]

- AEM Cold Air Induction System [ It's payed for so I'll keep it until I get a S/C or Turbo, but can run it with N02 ]
- Crane Cams Stage-II Camshafts [ These well I don't need to explain, they're staying in ]
- Crane Cams Adjustable Cam Gears [ same as the above ]
- Nology Power Core Coil Pack Boosters [ Don't know WTF I'd do with these ]
- Magnaflow 2.25 Cat-Back [ I'm keeping this too ]
- Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat [ I'll need it for the Racing header ]
- Custom Factory Cat Eliminator Pipe w/Relocated O2 [ Will remove once I get the Racing Header ]
- Eibach Sportsline Springs [ Keeping these for the curves ]

So basicaly this year these are the mods I'd do along with the Nitrous Kit, but for next year I'll probably be getting a block along with Pistons,Rods...blah blah blah
and they lived happy every after.

Cheers,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Steeda Boy,Mar 25 2004, 09:41 PM Wrote:My point with the ZEX is that first my car will only be comming out on the in June. Reason is that I had too many dawm tickets and my insurance in sky high. Since I got 7k to spend on my car, I'd want to put a Nitrous Kit so that I can enjoy some power once in a while, when I get the chance to.
yeah and with the zex, and that 7000 dollars you can pay the cop off to not give you a ticket for using Nitrious on the streets....

Keep in mind: Zex = Illegal Turbo/supercharger = legal.... If you think your insurance is bad now, wait till u get busted for using zex. U have a lot of speeding tickets? It seems u are a fast driver.... Be careful...
Run your car, not your mouth
:P Who says that the Cops will ever know that I have N02 in my car ? :ph34r:

14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Well good luck with the project if it were me or mark doing it im sure that we could do it without the Nitro.

Sometimes having the power now is good and then you can add the small incriments later. ;)

Doing all the work and adding nitrous is still danger and if you do only add a 50 shot your still wasting your cash. Remember without done up internals your engine can only handle A MAX of 75 shot.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I think with proper tunning and timming retard I should be safe to run a 75shot.

I couldn't go higher than 75 but I'm sure I can run it no prob with stock internals and again proper tunning.

14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Steeda Boy,Apr 1 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:I think with proper tunning and timming retard I should be safe to run a 75shot.

I couldn't go higher than 75 but I'm sure I can run it no prob with stock internals and again proper tunning.
Yes, with porper tuning your car will ba able to hadle a 75 shot.

Go turbo Man. You have the money. Do it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
All in time. Trust me when I say that once I do go FI it won't be to run low 14's :P I just want to make sure that my internals are strong enough to handle over 300HP. Does the word CGI sound familiar! :D
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)