Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB: 00-04 rear lower control arms
Hey all,

Need to cut my rear lower control arms out and need to pick up a set of rear control arms... I guess included I'll need bolts and intake bushings? If anyone has anything give me a shout!
(03-27-2011, 12:52 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Hey all,

Need to cut my rear lower control arms out and need to pick up a set of rear control arms... I guess included I'll need bolts and intake bushings? If anyone has anything give me a shout!

New ones aren't very expensive and they are made to the higher spec 2010 model LCA - heartily recommended. And yes you should use new bolts, and usually the reason to replace them in the first place is because the bushings get torn up removing them ... new ones come with new bushings, used ones aren't worth the effort.

Drop me a PM if you want me to pick you up a set in the US ... I'm coming up to Huntsville in the next couple of weeks and could meet you there.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Unfortunately he needs LCA's because the bolts are seized inside the bushings ( all four of them ) , therefore could not install the new springs .
Most of use have had this issue.

Cut the bolts. Clean out the bushing, Install new bushings and new bolts.
Or just get new control arms and save myself a bunch of hassle! Gonna try this spring compressor I picked up today with a little crowbar action and hopefuly I can make it work
Cutting took 20 mins. Burning out then cleaning old bushings 20 mins.
Installing new bushings 5 mins.

You will need the inside spring compressor, the outside didnt fit for me.
don't need a spring compressor for the rear, just a floor jack.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
^ Not if your taking off the lower control arm you dont, but if your bolts are seized and wanna try getting the spring out without taking out the control arm you'll need an internal spring compressor... External compressor the threaded parts get in the way and you can't get the hooks on... However with the internal compressor i couldn't get the actual compressor through the hole in the swing arm, and the top threaded arms wouldn't come off the threaded piece... Looks like I'm cutting em off!!
Anyone know about these?:
http://dominanteng.com/2010/12/17/ford-f...trol-arms/
(04-02-2011, 10:15 AM)moon111 Wrote: Anyone know about these?:
http://dominanteng.com/2010/12/17/ford-f...trol-arms/

Cheesus those look (and sound) nice! I'm pretty sure Oscar has a set of something similar but IIRC not this brand. I especially like their sway bar link solution.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Oh my!!! Those are some sexy lower control arms!!! Oh, an thanks everyone, I got the springs out!!! What I did was unbolt the rear sway bar from the lca and the damper from the knuckle then buddy pushed down on crowbar under floor of the car an on rear drum... I gave a yank on broken rears and they popped right out! New lower springs went in with a little trouble hitting the subfram bolt at the top of the top catch, but all in all took about an hour an I was driving again!

Thanks again everyone!

Korby

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus rear toe arms lsjpwr 0 948 10-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Last Post: lsjpwr
  Rear control arms (lower) cagedcbr 6 3,709 08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: moon111