Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my car pic got stolen
ebay!!! stole pic of my car and post for their use!! not cool!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0588364735
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(05-17-2011, 08:49 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: pic of my car got stolen.

contacted and waiting for them to remove pic of my car.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0588364735

They're selling decals Leo ... if they found that pic on the internet it's going to be pretty hard for you to force them not to use it ... consider it a form of flattery.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yeah, what Ken said. That's a huge pat on the back for you Leo. You're famous!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Yea, I def would not be mad at them using a pic of my car! Like they said, means it looks good and they liked! I'm wondering about one for my silver st in black
Prob get a large MBRP decal
konafocuswrc: Tell the seller to send you a (some) decal(s) for use of your picture (You did take it right?) It is fair.
If you report it to eBay they will remove the picture and probably the listing.
It is not eBay - it is the seller who is using your picture.
Or you can let it slide.
Up to you.
2003 ZTW Wagon
Have them send you a full WRC sticker set for your new ride.

AFAIK, he can use image from google if he is using for personal use, not business selling purpose without permission.
and he is exposing license plate but it doesnt matter now, it has california plate which is no longer in use.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
^^^ FYI
In Canada it is called fair dealing. And you can only use an image for research or private study, for criticism or review, for news reporting. (not to share it on the internet just because - unless you have permission first).
The seller you pointed to is clearly not falling under fair dealing. Even if you had the right lawyer it is not worth your time as the seller is small time and in another country. Legally the seller is in the wrong, practically you can only do the following:
If it bothers you can:
1. Ask the seller to remove the picture for the rest of the auction and to not use your images again without permission.
2. Contact eBay and have them pull the ad (takes a day or so for them to do it). They must comply with the law so they will.
3. Let it slide and think my car is that bad a$$ someone in England is using it to sell 8 Pound stickers.
Cheers

PS: I am not a lawyer. And to be clear - it is whomever took the picture that owns the copyright. So if you didn't take the picture but it is of your car = not your copyright. If you took the picture of your car = your copyright.
2003 ZTW Wagon
Frankly this is one of things where, yes you could raise a fuss, but ultimately what is it going to get you?

As you have stated the license plate is no longer in use so there is little chance that anyone trolling for license plate numbers to engage in identity theft is going to get anywhere with that information (out of country & out of use plates is usually a dead end there) so where is the harm that you are suffering?

Hell, I would have had more of a case back in '09 where a east end GTA Ford dealer somehow "acquired" a picture of my car and used it in their ads to push Fusions, only thing that stopped me was because they airbrushed out the plate, it would have be *harder* to prove it was my car (but not impossible, because frankly how many Fusions are done up *exactly* like mine?)

As it was, I clipped the ad from the paper and held onto it for shits & giggles.

NefCanuck
Dude you famous lol

aaaah, just relax buddy. take it with the good.
I actually may buy those decals lol. I always wanted that on the car.

Was it a pain to line it up when installing??
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

haha it is all good. not going to anything about it.

not hard to line up, only thing is you gotta do wet method, squeeze out most of bubbles and let it fully dry before peeling off application tape.
Hey John, it be hard to get straight with you car all jacked up like it is. Don't do it man, just don't.

(05-19-2011, 11:56 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Hey John, it be hard to get straight with you car all jacked up like it is. Don't do it man, just don't.

Kev
I have time booked in. 1st of june its getting lowered and having some go fast parts put in lol.

Leo,
Thanks for the advice.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Lowered even more?? u might as well get rid of your fenders n wheel well lol. im still at SUV height!!Sad
I'm pretty sure his back is still stock lol
ooohhh i see it lol.looks like its ready to digg into the ground under if you brake hardTongue
But it looks DANG good!!!
guys car was parked on downhill san francisco

this is how mine looked
[Image: IMG_2088.jpg]

[Image: rearnew.jpg]
Chopped and dropped!!!
Love it!!
i had a member once e-mail me a ebay link tht had featured a pic of my car too. this was few yrs ago. i just let it slide, the pic was taken from steeda.ca gallery site, but it was cool to see my car pic being used for a sale in england.
My other ride is your Mom