Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a new to me car, needin' advice
(06-15-2011, 08:23 AM)moon111 Wrote: You do realize this is http://www.focuscanada.net right?
I was asking a few questions, asking for advice on what's the best way for me to save some money on a new purchase. I've been on this site awhile, and seen many guys ask basically the same questions, oh and then buy something other than a Focus, or Ford for that matter. I just knew that the gentlemen, including meford4u, are very honest and would give their unbiased opinion on the how to' not the which one. If it had been entirely up to me, their wouldn't have been any comparison, but, I have a wife who also has to like the vehicle that she will be a passenger in and help pay for. So, yes, I know it's focuscanada.net

Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Question oldeguy,

Did Ford put the wipers and the turn signals on separate stalks again on the new Focus? The pictures of the interior I've seen don't make it clear Huh

NefCanuck
(06-16-2011, 02:41 AM)oldeguy Wrote:
(06-15-2011, 08:23 AM)moon111 Wrote: You do realize this is http://www.focuscanada.net right?
I was asking a few questions, asking for advice on what's the best way for me to save some money on a new purchase. I've been on this site awhile, and seen many guys ask basically the same questions, oh and then buy something other than a Focus, or Ford for that matter. I just knew that the gentlemen, including meford4u, are very honest and would give their unbiased opinion on the how to' not the which one. If it had been entirely up to me, their wouldn't have been any comparison, but, I have a wife who also has to like the vehicle that she will be a passenger in and help pay for. So, yes, I know it's focuscanada.net

Just teasing. Everyone here seems pretty cool. From the people I met here, they seem to be more car nuts who happen to have a Focus. Still can't picture anyone recommending a Chevy Cobolt here however. LOL. I'm not a fan of any manufacturer, although my past history with anything GM has been a nightmare. As for pleasing the wife, it's an endless journey isn't it?
(06-16-2011, 09:29 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: Question oldeguy,

Did Ford put the wipers and the turn signals on separate stalks again on the new Focus? The pictures of the interior I've seen don't make it clear Huh

NefCanuck
yes.

(06-16-2011, 10:49 AM)moon111 Wrote:
(06-16-2011, 02:41 AM)oldeguy Wrote:

Just teasing. Everyone here seems pretty cool. From the people I met here, they seem to be more car nuts who happen to have a Focus. Still can't picture anyone recommending a Chevy Cobolt here however. LOL. I'm not a fan of any manufacturer, although my past history with anything GM has been a nightmare. As for pleasing the wife, it's an endless journey isn't it?
I think if anyone recommended anything from GM, short of a Corvette, should be banned. A happy wife is a happy life.

K&N Filter.....
The wife gets whatever I want her to get after she tells me so.

Oh, and speaking of new vehicles.... Anthony D....If you don't go and buy the new 2012 Edge Sport, that is one sweet ass ride my friend. Took the new one for a spin. And she spun.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
(06-16-2011, 02:23 PM)oldeguy Wrote:

NefCanuck
yes.

Ah hell, not news I wanted to hear (I'm guessing that when the Fusion gets redone they'll put the controls on separate stalks again too Sad)

Looks like I'm driving the Fusionator until it falls apart beneath me Undecided

NefCanuck
(06-17-2011, 05:31 AM)NefCanuck Wrote:
(06-16-2011, 02:23 PM)oldeguy Wrote:

NefCanuck
yes.

Ah hell, not news I wanted to hear (I'm guessing that when the Fusion gets redone they'll put the controls on separate stalks again too Sad)

Looks like I'm driving the Fusionator until it falls apart beneath me Undecided

NefCanuck
if you get the Titanium it has rain sensing wipers........

K&N Filter.....