Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camber
Well since my alignment was quite a bit off I guess with 1.5 inch drop I need to get a camber kit , my question is are they all the same from 00 to 07 ? also anyone have them that can explain to me how it works ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
This was the before he did anything , he managed to get everything into the green zone except the camber for the left front and left rear wheels they are still -1.4 front and -1.9 in rear.

[Image: DSC01495.jpg]
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I'm in the process of putting in front camber plates/rear bolts (in the process meaning "the parts are sitting on my workbench" lol).

The Eibachs I put in two years ago sit a little lower now that they've broken in, and I bought new tires that I don't want worn out -- I took it in for an alignment and my camber's out too much also (as a matter of fact, they missed up the alignment so much that I'm not driving the Focus until it's done).

For the fronts you need to remove the struts and replace the strut bearing plates. What those do is change the spot where the strut attaches to the plate fron the center to the outside a bit -- so that when you rotate the plate it changes the camber angle +/- 1 degree. The rears you have to change knuckle bolts. They have an eccentric that changes the angle as you rotate it.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
before you go off and buy a camber kit, have to considered the possibility of improper install, bent or damaged parts leading to your issue with the one corner?
in my exp of doing about 40 installs on all sorts of Focus', the only time you get one corner out is from damaged or improper install.

check for damaged parts before you go and order a camber kit.

as for camber kits, stay away from the SPC front kits, they are know to snap off struts and blow out strut bearings very quickly!
LCR plates are the best plug&play camber kits out there. expensive but designed to take the abuse from racing and properly place your spring and strut, unlike the SPC's.

GL
ZX3TUNING,Feb 4 2008, 12:41 AM Wrote:before you go off and buy a camber kit, have to considered the possibility of improper install, bent or damaged parts leading to your issue with the one corner?
in my exp of doing about 40 installs on all sorts of Focus', the only time you get one corner out is from damaged or improper install.

[right][snapback]257349[/snapback][/right]

word.. that's what i said in the OP's other thread about this..
Just for the record, my camber is out nearly the same on both sides. It was barely in tolerance when the springs were new, and is just out now that they're worn in. That's with the Pro-lines, not the Sportlines.

The excuse I got for why it pulls now is that "we don't do custom suspensions". :rolleyes:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*