Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Seems Slugish
Hay what’s up?
I noticed the last couple of days that my car has been a little sluggish. Is it due to the hot weather? I’ve tried turning the A/C off but it still feels slow. Is this were an air intake helps out? Is short ram OK? I am ordering parts from Steeda on Friday night or Saturday depending on how late I work. I recently got an oil change and it just hit 17’000km it’s a 07 ST with that stupid charcoal filter. Your impute would be appreciated

Thankx
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I would chalk it up to the humidity and running the A/C.
mine feels more sluggish to , even with ac on it seems to only really pick up over 3000rpm
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
A/C will make it more sluggish. I test drive any vehicle I'm looking at with the A/C on. I have a Zetec engine, and I've put on a custom air intake, and I've notice better all round driving even with the A/C on.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Remember, the Focus will continue to use the AC when the vents are on certain positions (specifically windshield defrost area). I know the Mazda 3 uses the AC for HALF of the vent settings.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Turn the fan off and put the windows down. Flow-through air conditioning and engine noise are your rewards. :P

I never use air con unless I'm traveling with others.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Even with it off if dont seem to be pulling like it used to must be the gods pushing me closer towards turbo :ph34r:
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
i'm sure its in your head..

my wrx feels sluggish all the friggin time too even when it is at full boost in 1st gear..

heck my MOTORCYCLE felt sluggish sometimes

we always want our machine to go faster.. don't worry about it and enjoy

and for what its worth.. i would personally swap out a 'short ram' intake for the stock airbox.. seems to me like the stock intake is already a 'cold air' design that takes in cold air from the front of the engine.. not a cone that sucks hot air in from the middle of the engine (blocked by hte battery if i remember right)