Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Question
What do you guys think is the best speaker for mid and high????? Looking to buy??
kc focus,Jan 11 2007, 04:37 AM Wrote:What do you guys think is the best speaker for mid and high????? Looking to buy??
[right][snapback]222961[/snapback][/right]

I have an Audiobahn component set in my doors. I think that for the price, it cant be beat. I piad like $160 for them
Boston FX8's.
You won't find a better speaker for the money.

[Image: product20040831010026picture.jpg]
Boston's are awesome. I've always had good satisfaction with Alpine. I have DD Drives in my car still now but I'm looking at replacing them with type X soon. I've always stuck with Alpine for mids and tweets except for one set of MB Quarts, less than 3 weeks before they got stolen though.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
That's a very general question... everyone with an aftermarket system will tell you why theirs is the best. I am happy with my Planet Audio 5x7's, they run loud and clear, giving some kick even with the subs off.

And are you planning on running an amp for the door speakers?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Honest to God the Pioneer's sound pretty damn good on a stock deck. If you're going to run an amp then I would get the alpine's or something similar.
I'm looking at Mb Quart, Kicker, Audiobahn, Phoenix Gold or Alpine but not sure if I'm going with component set......Your info would be nice...
I've got Alpine Type R components for my front stage running off my panasonic deck, they sound pretty good, if was gonna go for clean speakers i love how clean my mb quart subs are so i'd prolly give the mb quarts a listen. Now if you've got some money to burn go look at focal speakers, but they're gonna need an amp to sound the best they can.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Are you running subs as well? Also, are you going to amp them or just run off the deck? If you're going to amp them and you're running subs, or even just running them off the deck, I would suggest getting a good set of components up front (Alpines by my biast opinion) and you could almost just run your stock rears or a lesser level of mids for your rear just for fill off of the deck. When you run subs that are of good quality with a tuned box or at least a good box the rear speakers are almost eliminated and a lot of people take them right out of the equation. I personally like to still run them for fill and a more equal sound and sometimes you still want good sound all the way around but want to turn off the sub, I've only done this a small handfull of times but have done it.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
You have a domestic car, put domestic speakers in it. JBL, Infinity, PowerAcoustik, etc. A lot depends on not just budget, but on music tastes, and also what means/format you are playing the music by. A lot of speakers will sound too soft for some kinds of music, others will sound too harsh or shrill for others. For good SQ and lots of bang for the buck, JBL GT/GTO series (mid-level) will sound fantastic, even running off a deck. My dad's car has JBL GTO 6.5" 3-ways in the doors, and GTO 5x7's in the rear deck of his Topaz, and they are being driven off a Blaupunkt Toronto HU, and he has a RS series 10" SAS Bazooka in the trunk. His system sounds awesome, and maybe cost about $1000 total, including taxes, materials, and labour.

I'd put JBL's or Infinity's in your car, or the higher model PowerAcoustik, mostly because they aren't what everyone else on here, or elsewhere has (like Pioneer, Audiobahn, Alpine, Sony Xplod, etc)...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
i prefer kicker. i have always liked them, every car that i have heard them in has sounded good..but i also think is personal preference
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
I'm leaning to Mb Quart or Alpine...yes I will have amps and a sub box....
Oscar's Alpine Type Xs in the doors sound pretty damn good to me.

I'll be going with those or Pioneer Premiers if I ever get around to it... :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Dude its totally up to you.....shop around.....i may be a little biased but have you looked at Fusion stuff.....if you have subs you may want to consider a plate 5x7 speaker.....you get a 4" mid and a 1" tweeter seperate from eachother.....so the speaker is incredibly clean.....i find them very enoyable.....they are loud and very clear enough to cut through even the deepest bass drone.....make very a very good sounding well rounded system.....you can get them at crappy tire through their special order :D .....something to consider at least
Good set of alpine.
I had the type S for all 4 in my last focus and i liked em. Super loud and crisp sound.
2000 ZX3
Rockfords are pretty sweet too. You really have to listen to them yourself as the human ear is not the same in everyone. Acoustical variences occur and what sounds good to me, may not to you. It also depends on what types of music your frequently listen to as different speakers handle differently.
am I the only one on here thats a fan of Focal speakers?

and whats the deal/idea with putting domestic brand speakers in your domestic car? Find the speakers that you like the best and put them into your car, listen to as many brands of speakers that you can and decide from there.

I'm a huge fan of Focal speakers, and they sound perfect for the music that I like to play in my car.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Feb 22 2007, 11:42 PM Wrote:am I the only one on here thats a fan of Focal speakers?

and whats the deal/idea with putting domestic brand speakers in your domestic car? Find the speakers that you like the best and put them into your car, listen to as many brands of speakers that you can and decide from there.

I'm a huge fan of Focal speakers, and they sound perfect for the music that I like to play in my car.
[right][snapback]227862[/snapback][/right]

Foco speakers are crap. I blow them every 6 months. At normal volume great but otherwiase no good.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Feb 28 2007, 11:32 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Feb 22 2007, 11:42 PM Wrote:am I the only one on here thats a fan of Focal speakers?

[right][snapback]227862[/snapback][/right]

Foco speakers are crap. I blow them every 6 months. At normal volume great but otherwiase no good.
[right][snapback]228415[/snapback][/right]

Who put your system together? If you're blowing speakers every 6 months, it's not the speakers! Sorry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  door speaker question X TUH BOARD 4 2,802 04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Last Post: X TUH BOARD