Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hid's Are Done :)
Wow. FORD make it really idiot proof with the harness they made for the HID's

Its not exactly what i want, but it was very simple to put in. Now, what are the differences.

I wanted to have it hook up like everyone else on site, but the harness didn't allow me to do that.

I had to use the turn signal for DRL's, which is ok, also I didnt feel like cuting into parking lamp wires so the little light on top corner will not be on. Screw it.

this was truly a plug and play. Pictures tell the rest.

Only DRL's on
[Image: Picture011.jpg]

Everything on
[Image: Picture012.jpg]

Parking lights on only
[Image: Picture010.jpg]

Also the red wire that is suppose to get connected to IGN, i just took my DRL relays out and connected the red wire there instead. There is no need to the DRL relay, bc the harness comes with its own DRL relays.
[Image: Picture007.jpg]

Here is where the relay+harness is mounted. Very close to the Battery and I only took the little air box res. out.
[Image: Picture004.jpg]

Overall very impressed with the lights and the harness. I guess as Mike says, it was worht the money and I'm glad i listened to them.

Also I want to thank ZTWsquared (Ken). Not only he got me the lights cheaper then I would of myself getting them from Ford, also I didnt have to wait for 2 Months to get them. Thanks so much Ken.

Thanks guys.
MoMo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

That's awesome that you could do that swap that fast...the ST170's took me longer than that because the colour coding of my wires was different than the other people that posted a "how-to" for them...the VW harness splicing was what killed my time. The headlight unbolt and bolt in and grille install were fast though. Also, if I needed to change bulbs on the driver side, I would have to remove the battery and it's tray from the car to open the panel to get at them...at least my battery got seviced often, as well as the bolts for everything being lubed often.

Do you have to have the MACH's aimed? I had to take my car in to a Ford Dealer and get my headlights aimed, as I couldn't dial them in well enough by hand...

Makes me wanna take a longer look at HID conversion kits for the stang now (they are out there now, and the stock 9008/H13 Bulbs aren't the best)...

Lookin good
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
No they are not aimed yet. I need to find a dry and dark place to aim them. Maybe I will go for a drive tonite and see if i can find a level place.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Mo, Looks nice and a very clean install, especialy the wiring, unlike Mike's lol.. j/k mike. Good Work, especially on routing the DRL to the turn signal beam instead.
My other ride is your Mom
Wow those look good Mo, its good to hear everything went well for the install :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]