Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Mount.
okay I used to beat the crap out of my car (till clutch went bye bye and I had to pay) now I don't so much! But one thing I found is when I shift the motor seems to be moving and shifting around alot more than it should. the one mount up top left I can touch and its super soft like its hollow! I was just wondering what mount would be most responsible from the heavy shifting. I cant afford to change them all but figured that front to back is mabbe just one mount that took the worst of it. also whats the cheepest way to stiffin that back up? I remember ppl using hokey pucks! does that actually work?!?!

Jake
mn12bird,Jun 2 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:okay I used to beat the crap out of my car (till clutch went bye bye and I had to pay) now I don't so much!  But one thing I found is when I shift the motor seems to be moving and shifting around alot more than it should.  the one mount up top left I can touch and its super soft like its hollow!  I was just wondering what mount would be most responsible from the heavy shifting.  I cant afford to change them all but figured that front to back is mabbe just one mount that took the worst of it.  also whats the cheepest way to stiffin that back up?  I remember ppl using hokey pucks!  does that actually work?!?!

Jake
[right][snapback]191066[/snapback][/right]

Not sure the link will work, but....
http://www.calgaryfocus.com/smf/index.php?topic=1224.0
nope no worky
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
Basically he took the mount out and filled the voids with window urethane (I'll try to find out more info on what type), using acrylic caps to cap each end off until it cured.

Before...

[Image: index2.jpg]

After...

[Image: index.jpg]

Claimed he has a stiffer ride, reduced wheelhop and increased vibration. Maybe it'll help you.
I've seen that before on FJ.But to be honest why not just buy the inserts and have them put into your stock mounts it's much cheaper than buying the entire mount.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Yes, the inserts are cheaper, but they are also a pain to install.