Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bent Hub Assembly
i just took my car to ford and found out the front left hub assembly is bent - 500 $ later and 2 days past and the front left wheel is shaking again? - any ideas on what is going on?? - the rims are straight and the tires are balanced

help

thanks
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring it back and complain.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Don't touch it. Take it back right away. Don't even take the wheel off. If they said it was fixed when you picked it up it is their responsibility to check it again.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Take it right back and let them know that the 500 dollars worth of work was not the issue.

Get your money back and go for a second opinion.

KEEP ALL PAPER WORK AND VOICE MAILS!!!!!
i am taking it back - but what can cause a hub to bent in 2 days - or what can cause it to bend in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
focusnme,Apr 26 2006, 11:34 AM Wrote:i am taking it back  - but what can cause a hub to bent in 2 days - or what can cause it to bend in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]183467[/snapback][/right]

That's besides the point. The fact is that these guys told you this was the problem when in fact it wasn't.

Don't pay for the work done. Tell them you want a rental, and you don;t want your car back untill it's fixed.

I assume the wheels are properly balanced? what about bent tie rods??? they would have checked all this on you initial visit I'm sure....

Still, return it with the EXACT same complains as your last paperwork. Deal with the service manager now.
any thing else?
Make sure you deal directly with the service manager now.
What could cause it to bend? A fairly heavy impact. Nothing that you wouldn't notice "Oooh, did I just run over a moose?". In fact, I'm not even sure how it could bend, most of the time they break.

The simple answer on what could cause the vibration? Dirt between the wheel interface and the hub and/or brake rotor and/or wheel interface is a good one.

This type of situation pisses me off so much. When those bastards take your money without fixing it. I wonder if you can call the Credit Card company, and dispute the charges.

You did not hire the garage to change your hub. You hired them to fix your vibration.

^^^my point exactly.

You paid them to diagnose and fix the problem.... That is what they're paid to do.

Don't pay it, and have them fix the car once and for all.
it was the rotors!!!
focusnme,Apr 28 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:it was the rotors!!!
[right][snapback]183905[/snapback][/right]
Not surprising -- after all it is a Focus. Did they refund you the difference for the hub assembly?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Apr 28 2006, 05:25 PM Wrote:
focusnme,Apr 28 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:it was the rotors!!!
[right][snapback]183905[/snapback][/right]
Not surprising -- after all it is a Focus. Did they refund you the difference for the hub assembly?
[right][snapback]183907[/snapback][/right]

Yeah right. He'd be a very lucky guy if they did that. They will just say the problem was the hub AND the rotors.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
yup - thats exactly what they said - but i got 2 new rotors (AGAIN) from raybestos - 420$ of brakes free - YES!!!!!!!!
focusnme,Apr 29 2006, 02:52 AM Wrote:yup - thats exactly what they said - but i got 2 new rotors (AGAIN) from raybestos - 420$ of brakes free - YES!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]184018[/snapback][/right]

they told you it was both that caused the problem?!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Did you have to pay *anything* for the brake job? $420 is pretty steep. No way that's a real cost. Did you have to pay labour or something?

And why both sides?

This is a classic mechanics move. f*** em all in the goats ear.
UPDATE?