Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meets
I was just looking at this part of the forum pretty impressive how you guys have regular meets , unfortunately nothing here in Calgary or AB for that matter. Huh Anyways could someone take some pics of your meets be nice to see your turn outs and of course all the Foci.
(08-31-2011, 01:14 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: I was just looking at this part of the forum pretty impressive how you guys have regular meets , unfortunately nothing here in Calgary or AB for that matter. Huh Anyways could someone take some pics of your meets be nice to see your turn outs and of course all the Foci.

Most of the Massiv Monday meets in fact are photographed (usually John aka scorcher000) - if you go to the last couple of posts in each of the threads you'll see pics of the cars and sometimes us.

It took a while for the Monday thing to gain traction and take off - and it was only through the persistence of a core group of people that it did.

Originally it was scheduled in conjunction with a group of Mazda owners who met at the same time and same place ... so perhaps the Focus owners in your area could piggy back on another similar type of meeting and try to grow from there.

It's only been in the last couple of years that we get as many as 10 to 20 cars out to each meet. This site has been the focal point of course for getting people out ... but we also have cards that we put on other Foci to try and get new people to join and come out - and we make a point to be as welcoming as we can to new folks the first time they come out.

Of course we have an advantage here of a relatively large number of members being within a reasonable drive, but having said that, there have been any number of folks attend our meetings who drive for as much as 45 minutes and even an hour to come out - and if my kids' schedule didn't get in the way, I would go to the Hamilton or Burlington meets too and still intend to make that happen one day.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *