Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cons Proposed Thier Budget To The House Today.
Some highlights about today's budget:

GST to be cut to 6% starting July 1st, The move is expected to cost the government $3.52 billion this year and $5.17 billion in 2007.

The tax rate on the lowest tax bracket will go to 15.5 per cent on July 1, after the Liberals cut it from 16 per cent to 15 per cent in their fiscal update in November.

Canada employment benefit that will offer working people a $250 tax credit for 2006 to cover work-related expenses, such as home computers, uniforms and supplies. The credit rises to $1,000 for the 2007 tax year.

The government also followed through on another of its five promises by introducing a $1,200-a-year child-care benefit for all children under the age of six.

Canada's military will see its budget increased by $5.3 billion over the next five years, including money to speed up recruitment of 13,000 regular armed forces and 10,000 more reservists.

Full Story Here

I am watching CBCnews right now and Jum Flahrety is being interviewed and asked questions from Canadians. It seems his answer to most questions is " you'll save money from the 1 point reduction in the GST " I really enjoyed that answer when someone asked him about Harper's comment about the federal government taking advantage of Canadians with the gas tax and that he would freeze taxes on gas at 85 cents.....

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Messages In This Thread
The Cons Proposed Thier Budget To The House Today. - nass - 05-03-2006, 12:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So The Cons Have Won? nass 51 20,148 01-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me