Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal
PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:when a 'sic jdm' car tries to race me, and gets clobbered... smacking down noobs is fun
This kind of thinking is where the problem starts IMO - I'd like to suggest you take a critical look at the things you value most in life and if "smacking down noobs" on public streets is on the list - you sir need a serious adjustment. If it isn't ... then don't do it - because not only do you risk what you value most, you force others to unknowingly take that risk with you.

PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:kills on a track is something completely different, where you can produce timeslips, usually film of it, and then you are matched up evenly against another 200hp car, instead of a 130hp 1984 Acura Integra that with time and wear barely clears 100hp
Although what you say is obviously true (despite the unfortunate choice of words) in the context of the dangers of street racing the more important distinction is that racing on the track only risks those who choose to take the risk. That's fair.

PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:there are obviously pros and cons of the law.
There's nothing obvious about any cons to the law. Without having seen the wording of the law or even an interpretation of its intent you're jumping to conclusions.

PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:Like the first person a gung-ho cop wants to make an 'example' of and charge say me with 5 years in prison, only for gunning from a traffic light until 2nd gear is done (90km in a 50km zone)  not that big of deal.
First ... cops don't determine sentences, judges do that. Second - you shouldn't be doing 90 in a 50 zone regardless of what gear you're in. Third - almost twice the limit is a big deal because 50 km is almost always a residential area. Fourth - public roads are not your personal playground and there is no such thing as a right to drive. It's a priviledge you have to earn and you have to earn it every time you drive. Fifth - when it comes to street racing I want the cops to be gung ho - zero tolerance is where it's at IMO and don't give me the crap about "only" doing 90 in second gear. If the car next to you is also doing 90 in second gear because your trying to beat each other - then that's a race my friend; and somebody dead from a 90kph collision is just as dead as someone from a collision at 190kph.

PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:but you guys have seen the laws in some states, where they take your car and crush it, and to get it back takes months and months of red-tape..  hopefully they dont try that crap, ive invested way too much in my Focus to loose it![right][snapback]190281[/snapback][/right]
Treat the rules of the road and the other people on it with the respect we all deserve then you have no reason to fear losing your Focus.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal - ZTWsquared - 05-30-2006, 11:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pm Announces Tougher Laws On Street Racing Frost__2001 26 5,619 05-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD