Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech?
darkpuppet,Aug 24 2006, 12:48 AM Wrote:
nass,Aug 23 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:So how do you like the Roger's home phone? Why did you go with that over something like Vonage?
[right][snapback]203733[/snapback][/right]

the whole reason I went with them is because Rogers offered the same monthly deal as Vonage, but with the added bonus of saving $30+ /mo on the other Rogers Bills.

But now that I have dry loop DSL, I could switch anytime I want to... so it's just a matter of seeing if I'm happy with Rogers.

But to be honest... if you're playing videogames online, would you want VOIP cutting in on your bandwidth?
[right][snapback]203800[/snapback][/right]

As long as your gateway/VoIP point of entry does proper QoS bandwidth proportioning... you're fine. I can easily go online and school folks in the game of my choice while Sara's on the phone to her Dad's in Sudbury or calling anywhere else. My Linksys VoIP router (from my VoIP provider) allows me to manually set aside a certain amount of bi-directional bandwidth (in kbps) and that's it. I think I cranked mine up to 256 kbps from the factory 192, but that's it. A standard call without compression is what... 96kbps?

I've never had a problem unless I was massively Torrenting... which mutilates connections anyways with huge numbers of dynamic ports open for transfers.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech? - nass - 08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech? - paolo - 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech? - paolo - 08-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech? - NOS2Go4Me - 08-24-2006, 10:35 PM